Live for Now

A/N

So I finished by Wed! Its a miracle but if I get an F in science its thanks to you. Jk ILYSM here's the next chapter! Xxx Meli

Emily's POV

"OK guys if you follow me we'll get ready to mount!"  Mr. Leja said.

Mount, what a funny word, never heard it before. We walk outside and see Ashton and Melanie waiting there already.

"Let's get started, how many of you have actually mounted a horse before?"

We all shake our heads no, "That's fine I'll just have Melanie show you, ready Mel?"

She jumps up and skips over to her horse happily. She clears her throat, "OK PEOPLE LISTEN UP, YOU PUT YOUR HAND UP HERE, LEG DOWN HERE THEN SWING YOUR OTHER LEG TO THE OTHER SIDE. YOU GOT IT? THANKS AND HAVE A NICE DAY!"

After she's done she goes over to her dad who rubs her back "That's my girl. OK you may start to mount and we'll help you if you need any help."

Immediately, I run over to this white horse that has a bow on her tail. ITS MEANT TO BE!

Thea laughs at my selection and settles with a black horse in front of mine.

I try getting on but its no use,

"Need help?" Mel says walking over.

"Yes please!"

She smiles as she repeats what she said before. After that I get on really fast.

"HAH LUKE I GOT ON BEFORE YOU!"

"They went to get me a horse butthead, there weren't enough!"

I feel dumb now, "But still..." I mumble.

After a few minutes everyone gets on a horse.

"Ladies and Gentlemen we're gonna start going up, if you need any help, just give us a holler, Mel will be walking in the back and I'll be up here in the front. Let's go!"

We start riding and Mel is in the back with me since I was the last one. It was beautiful. It was so peaceful, all you hear is the sound of horse hooves on the dirt.

All of a sudden, we hear a rattle. Mel immediately stops the horse.

"Don't scream or get scared, or the horse will panic. I'll be right back."

She walks over to the front with her dad. I meet eyes with Thea,

"I gave her my phone to take a video of the snake."

I laugh, I would've done the same thing. A few minutes later, Mel comes back.

"What happened with the snake?" I ask.

"Oh, nothing my dad called his assistant to come get it, we'll release it after we're done."

I nod and a few minutes later we continue on to the top. We were about only halfway to the top.

We finally reached the top. The landscape is all you see, standing on top of the mountain was breathtaking.

"Arizona sunsets are the best." Luke says

"I know. How many more days of this do we have?"

"Like 2 weeks."

"I never want this to end."

"Everything has to come to an end Em."

I sigh at the thought, "Why?"

"So the next adventure could begin."

I think about that, So the next adventure could begin. Its true.

"But It's beautiful. I want to do this everyday."

"I know. But you just have to live in the moment."

"Live for now."