School

A/N Sorry guys it's really short, just kinda a filler for the next few chapters!! The story WILL end at 75 chapters so not long now! Enjoy :-) Xx Meli

Emily's POV

I slowly open my eyes as the bright morning sun shines through this window, a very familiar window in which I haven't seen in a long time. I smile to myself as I remember we're home.

I get up and stretch before heading to the kitchen.

"Well like who's finally woken up." He says teasingly. He sits there eating pancakes on the counter. I walk over and grab a stool next to him.

"How long was I asleep?" I ask rubbing my eyes.

"Well let's see, we got here like around 2pm yesterday, you fell asleep in the car and woke up right now."

I check the time,

11:43 am

Damn, I slept almost a whole day.

I sit there, my eyes widened at how long I slept. Mum then hands me a stack of pancakes, "Blueberry, as you like them" she says with a smile.

"Thanks mum." I say.

We sit in silence for a few minutes as we ate. Luke then stops the silence, "So, Em, you have to go back to school next week."

I sigh as he mentions school.

Why was school even invented? Why can't we just learn at home? Why can't our parents teach us instead of sending us to this place for 7 hours?

I nod at Luke while picking at the pancake with my fork, my head resting on the palm of my hand.

"Do I have to?" I mumble.

He chuckles, "Em, while you were asleep yesterday, mum and I were talking. Would you like to be homeschooled?"

I look up from my plate and smile. I nod excitedly, "Please Please mum?"

"Its already done. But, your getting a tutor, I'm not helping you." She says.

I smile as I get up to give her a hug, "Thanks mum."

"It was that bad huh? You got up to give me a hug too?" She says

I laugh. 

Thank god I never have to see those trolls again. Of course most times their just jealous because of my brother, but I don't have a strong heart as others do, I fall and explode quickly. 

"Thank's Luke, for, everything." I say while fidgeting in my seat.

"Your welcome, although you might get mad once you find something out,"

"What?"

"So Emily, how was it being drunk?" mum says.

I shoot Luke an 'i'm gonna kill you' glance. He smiles and mouths, sorry.

I smile at mum, "Ah ha, um long story actually, I-"

"Luke told me, I hope you've learned a valuable lesson young lady, never want to see it again." 

I glance at Luke, biting his lip, clearly trying to hold in his laughter.

"Okay mum, hey did you know Luke has a girlfriend?" 

I ask while Luke is drinking water which causes him to spit back his drink. Mum closes her eyes as if she's trying to keep her cool.

"Oh goodness, well it seems like you should just tell me the whole story from since you left this house."

He shoots me the 'Im gonna kill you' look and I smile sweetly.

He sighs as he starts talking about our experience, since the very moment we left the house.