Trouble

Emily's POV

"What the Hell! Emily!"

Yes that was my brother, yelling at me. I got drunk. I don't remember what else happened.

"Emily, why would you do this to yourself? You know you can't drink!"

"This guy offered me a one, I said no but he kept insisting, so I took it! It wasn't that bad."

"YOU WERE GIGGLING UNCONTROLLABLY AND SAID TO ME 'WHO ARE YOU?' You think that's normal?"

I look down ashamed. A tear rolling down my cheek.

He sees me, his face softens as he comes sit next to me, rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry for yelling Em, but you know better. I thought you would be smarter than that."

"I'm sorry." I could barely get out.

All of a sudden I get a text, the screen lights up.

Cam

Hey babe, you feeling better?

I look at Luke, he clearly read the message. He looks mad again.

"Did he make you?"

"NO Luke I swear! It wasn't him!"

"God, Emily I knew he wasn't good for you!"

He gets up angrily. I get up and push him back.

"Luke! Please no he had nothing to do with this Calm down please!"

He stops and looks me straight in the eyes,"You swear?"

"Hope to die." I say

He stares at me a little longer, "OK."

I let out a sigh of relief.

I thought he would leave, instead he stayed there, sitting.

"Em, I don't want you to make bad decisions like dad."

I sit there, shocked at what he had said. Dad was an alcoholic, drug addict I think. At least that's what I've heard.

"So you're saying I'm gonna end up like dad? Wow thanks for trusting me Luke." I stand up about to leave.

"Em, you know that's not what I meant.."

"Then what did you mean Luke? It was only last night! Its not like I'm going to go out every weekend and get drunk!"

"Well you better be more mature than this." He throws a magazine on the coffee table.

I read the headline, "Lead Singers Sister an Alcoholic"

My heart breaks a little, I studied the front page, a picture of me and Cam walking into the party, him holding me and I'm laughing, a caption that says, 15 year old gets drunk after the TCA's.

"Emily, Sorry for mentioning dad, I just don't want to see you end up like him."

I sit there, tears in my eyes while staring at the magazine.

"Luke, I'm sorry for ruining you."

He looks confused,"What? "

"I'm making you look bad. I'm sorry for being a horrible sister."

"What? Emily forget the reporters. I don't give a shit what they say. All I care about is you being safe. I don't give a damn about my image. Half of the things those guys say are lies. Don't care about what others say. Care about what I say."

I look up at him. His deep eyes slowly gaining tears.

"Em, I just want to be that dad figure you never had, but damn I suck at it!" He says, almost like he's arguing with himself.

He sits on the bed, his hand stroking his hair. I walk over to him, "Luke, I don't need a dad. I need you."

He smiles at me. He hugs me and whispers in my ear, "Thank You Em, I love you."

"I love me too," I say jokingly.

He laughs and playfully punches me on the shoulder. I've always loved those brother sister moments, this is definitely one of my favorites.