fifteen.

When I woke up, Hyungwon and Jooheon were sleeping in my room. Jooheon had a cot while Hyungwon was sleeping in the chair in the corner. Jooheon looked so pale, so he must've bottomed out when Hyungwon left me. Hyungwon was shaking so much in the chair and I felt so bad. All I could think about was how badly I wanted to be able to move.

I stayed silent, listening to the sounds of the night. When I didn't hear Hyungwon's snoring anymore and didn't hear it pick back up at all, I began to worry. I couldn't throw anything at him and I didn't want to wake Jooheon, but I had no choice but to yell. "Hyungwon!" I yelled, trying to wake him.

He stirred softly, giving me hope. "What?" He groaned.

"I swear your sleep apnea scares me." I looked down at my lap. "It can kill you, haven't you gotten help for it?"

Hyungwon glared at me. "What, are you worried I'll die on you?" He asked. I nodded softly. "I know damn well, you of all people, aren't worried about that." I looked up.

He was seriously giving me shit for this? "Did you take your medicine?" I asked.

"Ki, I swear to God, I thought I was gonna lose you. Why you're worried about me dying on you, I don't know." He was clearly upset. "Why do you get to be worried? You wanted to leave me."

I didn't get to respond before I had a visitor. "Oh my God, Sora." I had heard a female call me that since my mom died. I looked up and froze when I saw Mrs. Chae.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

She brought in a little bear for me. "You walked out of class and I never saw you again. You stayed on my roster though. And... i tried to call your mother. Kyuri wasn't answering. So I called Abraham and he said that she'd died. And I came to console you, but you were... Here. I walked in to see the mess in the house. So I just knew you were here. And they have your name wrong. They said a Sora wasn't here, but a Kihyun was."

I shook my head. "Bitch, you have my fucking name wrong." I didn't wanna deal with her. "Auntie Hyeja, I'm not Sora. And you embarrassed me in front of my class too? I'm so damn glad I'm not really related to the Chaes. Because I feel like you'd be a worse headcase than my mother." That's when Hyungwon piped up.

"Wh-What did you just say?" He asked, standing up.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Auntie Hyeja? I'm glad I'm not related to the Chaes?"

Hyungwon scoffed, walking slowly toward her. "I'm real motherfucking glad you aren't related to the Chaes." His demeanor change had me ever so slightly scared. Then I realized.

"Oh fuck," I mumbled.

Hyungwon nodded. "You're lucky to not be related to those druggies, those abusers. Those abandoners." The mood of the entire room instantly became heavy. Auntie Hyeja hadn't got it yet. "Bitch, are you fucking stupid?" Hyungwon asked. "Because you're the bitch that left me on someone's fucking doorstep in the January cold."

Auntie Hyeja froze in her place, taking in the sight of him. "Hyungwon?" She asked. "My son?" Even I shook my head at her answer.

"No. Hyungwon, your goddamn mistake." He quickly lost his temper. "Hyungwon, your accidental positive. The only positive you were clearly expecting was a positive drug test. You're what, 35 now? You spent damn near 18 years not even thinking about me. So what you're not going to do, is walk up into my boyfriend's room, disrespect him and call him out of his fucking name, then turn around and call me your fucking son. I'm not your fucking son. You made it clear to the entire fucking community that I wasn't supposed to happen. Get out." His voice had gradually risen, now waking Jooheon up.