thirty-three.

"Minhyuk," Hyungwon sighed, wiping his eyes. "Go to the hospital. I'll meet you there, Jooheon ended up having to go."

I could hear Minhyuk screaming over the phone. "Why the fuck is he there? What the fuck happened to him? Hyungwon, Mom can lose him like this what the fuck are you thinking? I can take him but for fuck's sake she's going to be watched now. Fucking hell." When he hung up, Hyungwon let out a shaking breath, rushing down to the living room.

I quickly followed behind. "Hyungwon! Wait."

He quickly turned around, stopping me in my tracks. "I really hope that man is your father so you can fuck up someone else's life for fucking once!" That hurt on a whole different level. I watched him walk out the door and I began to fall apart. I locked all the doors and closed myself into the bedroom.

I couldn't breathe, feeling nothing but weight on my shoulders and my chest. "I'm so fucking glad I'm not pregnant." I sighed softly, running my hands through my hair. I called Changkyun, hoping he could answer. "Did I fuck up your life?" I asked.

"What?" He asked.

I sniffled softly. "Did I fuck up your life? Did I ruin you?"

Changkyun turned the call into a FaceTime call real quick. "I never want to hear you ask me that question ever again. Who hurt you? What happened?" He asked.

I sighed. "My father left a note on my mother's grave."

"Whoa really?" Changkyun gasped.

I nodded, biting my lip. "Yeah. He said I was smart for what I did."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What did you do?" I loved how enthusiastic he was about learning the details.

"I put my mother's obituary in the newspaper. I knew any other family could've showed up for me. And part of me never wanted to believe my father was dead... I had one small shred of hope left." I looked up at my phone, seeing a text from Hyungwon. I just ignored it. "Anyway, Hyungwon and I talked about how nervous I am about meeting with him tomorrow. And he asked me why I won't have a baby. And in all of the arguing and shit, Jooheon started having a hypoglycemic seizure. Proving that we can't take care of a child, first of all." Tears actually came to my eyes again. "I-I called 911 for him and that causes legal troubles for their mom I guess. And Hyungwon can't take care of Jooheon anymore and Minhyuk might not be able to take him even if he is the next guardian. But on the way out the door, Hyungwon screamed at me, telling me that he hopes this guy really is my dad so I can fuck up someone else's life for once."

Changkyun hung up immediately. I don't know what he was doing but I know he was pissed. I grabbed my little duffle bag, putting some of my clothes in it. I needed to be gone before Hyungwon came back. I even counted out change for the public bus. When I got downstairs, I went to the desk to write a note for him:

Babe,
I sincerely love you, but you've got something going on that my love cannot fix. I'm going away for a little bit, but please take care of yourself. I love you and I'm alright, wherever I am.

Love you,
Kihyun

I felt a weight lift off of me immediately, taking a deep breath as I left the house, locking up. It was sad that I was leaving my own home, but I simply couldn't be there anymore.

I walked until I made it to a transit center that would go anywhere at this time of night. "7800 block of Davenport Avenue, please." I took a seat right behind the driver. A single seat. For once in my life.

We rode for what seemed like half an hour. "You stay safe out here, kid." I nodded, thanking the driver. I began walking around the cute little neighborhood, looking for my father's house.