thirty-five.

Wonho and I laid side by side, my head at the end of the bed and his head at the top. "Does Jae-sung know about everything done to you?" I asked.

"Does he know about you?" He asked me, avoiding my question entirely. Silence fell over the room again. "The way you spoke... I know, clearly you've felt those words for years. But it was almost like.... like it was rehearsed."

I shrugged a bit, keeping my stare toward the ceiling. "I used to write poetry. I wrote it to cope. And I kept them, I don't know why I expected my mother to understand what I was saying when I showed them to her. So yeah, I committed the words to memory." I sighed softly, watching as the blades of the fan spun slowly.

It was quiet for a while. "I guess, I have all this baggage and pain," Wonho started. "And all I want is for someone else to fucking feel it. I don't know where I come from. Why my mother chose drugs over me, I don't understand it." He went silent for a second. "I can only guess that my father just wanted a break from me. Or he's a drug dealer my mother slept with to get drugs, one of the two. I want to know, but at the same time I'm terrified. If he's bad, I don't want him in my life. I would spend restless months thinking about the poison flowing through my veins."

Wonho finally got up, looking for a shirt to change into. I sat up just in time to see him change his shirt. I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. "What's that?" I got up, taking a closer look.

"Nothing," he admitted. "Whatever, mind your own business."

I grabbed his arm, rolling my eyes. He didn't even fight it. "Tell Jae, now." I said sternly.

Wonho glared at me, his intimidation coming back out. "Mind your fucking business, Kihyun."

I wasn't playing around this time. I know too much now, he can't just drive me away with his attitude anymore. "I'll tell him, Wonho." And then I caught a glimpse of his side. "And those are fucking infected!" Suddenly, I was against the wall, his hand covering my mouth.

"Keep your goddamn voice down and shut the fuck up!" He growled, keeping me pinned to the wall. I began shaking, using my hand to hit at his hips. "Oh shit," he instantly let go of me, backing far away. "Are you okay? I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

I took a second to calm myself down, sinking into a ball on the floor. I could hear him walking to me. "Back off!" I screamed. "Why the fuck do you do that?" I asked.

Wonho sighed softly, "I learned how to fight in the foster home and on the streets. When someone pushes me, I snap back harder than I should. I'm sorry."

I shook my head, trying to calm down. Suddenly, my phone rang. "Fuck," I groaned. "Hello?"

Minhyuk sighed a bit, shuffling his phone around. "Jooheon, please. Listen, here's Kihyun. Yeah! Yeah, he's on the phone right now! Please, Kihyun, talk to him." He begged.

I bit my lip, holding back tears. I could hear Jooheon crying like someone died. "Hey, kid. What's going on, bud?" I asked, a tear slipping out of my eye. I put my phone on speaker, Wonho paying attention as he changed.

"I need you, please. Hyungwon dropped me off here, I haven't seen him since yesterday. Please. Kihyun, just come say goodnight to me, that's all I want. Too many things are different right now, please." Jooheon spit it all out through choked sobs. He'd been crying for a while. "Did you guys break up? Do you hate him? Do you hate me?" He asked.

I took a deep breath, barely holding back myself. "Jooheon, never in your life ever think I hate you. I love you so much, kid. I'm always gonna be there for you. I'll come by, I promise."

"When?" He asked, broken-heartedly.

I couldn't deny him anything. "Tonight, I'll be there tonight. Okay? Can you just wait for me to be there?"