twenty-six.

Weeks went by and I hadn't really left the hospital at all. Minhyuk brought me food that I never ate and Jooheon came everyday so I could help him with homework and talk to him about his days. Changkyun stayed the night with me, but Hyungwon wasn't responding to much of anything. He still had plenty of brain activity. Every time I spoke to him, his monitor spiked. So it was time to do it again. "Hey, baby..." I smiled softly, holding his hand. "Jooheon's coming soon, he's almost done with watching the football game. You hear that? He actually went to a game." I looked up to see his brainwaves spiking. "Yeah, I know you're proud of him. Everyone is."

I got a text from Jooheon, telling me he was downstairs in the cafeteria. He didn't want to come upstairs for the moment. I met him downstairs and we started his homework, until I needed a calculator. "So... 5x to the fourth plus 7x minus 34x... Wouldn't that be... That's too high for me to do mentally." Jooheon sighed, putting his pencil down, frustrated.

"Give me a second. I do have that app that can help explain it." I searched my pockets for my phone. "Oh shit, I think I left it with Hyungwon... Give me five minutes, okay?" Jooheon nodded, moving onto some reading he needed to do. As I left, I asked for someone who was cleaning up if they could watch out for him, make sure he didn't leave the room. They kindly obliged as I walked out.

As I made my way to Hyungwon's room, I heard crying. "Hyungwon... I've hurt you so much. And I'm so sorry. I know I probably caused this as well. You don't deserve this. And I need to be honest with you. If you don't know what I'm talking about when you wake up, I'll tell you again..." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I-I've been so mean to Kihyun. So mean. When you got shot, I pinned him to the wall, feeling him up. And on the way to the hospital, about three weeks ago, I almost did something to him again. I don't know what's wrong with me... I-I know how that feels and I do it to Kihyun, I do it to you... I know you might kill me later. But I don't care. I probably deserve it. I'm sorry, Hyungwon. I need help and I don't know how to get it." I almost felt sorry for him. That is, until I heard Hyungwon's monitor alarm.

I rushed into his room. "His body's stressed out, leave him alone." I pushed Minhyuk off to the side. "Shh, you're okay. I'm here." Hyungwon's monitor calmed down soon after. "Why would you tell him that now? When he can't respond? That's a chicken shit fucking move." I was beyond pissed off.

"It's easier to do this..." He whispered. "I can swallow my pride when he can just listen."

I rolled my eyes, still staying close to Hyungwon. "Then be a fucking man and swallow it after he can actually respond instead of fucking with his health! Get out and go watch Jooheon. He's in the cafeteria." Minhyuk rushed out, leaving me with Hyungwon.

Just then Changkyun rushed in, clearly distressed. "Ki, he's here..." He said, pacing and hyperventilating. "He's here, oh God he's here!" I furrowed my eyebrows, turning to look at him.

"Who's here?" I couldn't figure out who could sens him into a panic like that.

He whimpered, coming to me and kneeling on the floor, head in my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair as he began sobbing. "Shownu. He's here. I don't know why, but he's here."

I gasped slightly, holding onto him. "Shh, I got you. He can't hurt you anymore. And surely he's matured some?" I didn't know how to be hopefully for him. I remember clearly the months before he left.

"Kihyun!" Changkyun ran up to me in the halls, rushing me and picking me up. "I'm so happy!" He smiled.

I chuckled, squealing softly. "That's cute, but put me down!" He laughed softly and put me down. "What's got my best friend so estatic?"

He began blushing. "Not what, but who. You know that one senior I've been eyeing for the past two years now?" He smiled widely. "Shownu... We've kinda been talking and he wants to hang out with me later. Just me." I was happy for him, but I was definitely nervous.