5 - Knight in shining white Apron.

Before I registered what the voice meant, I went face-first into a wall. How could I have missed a wall! I knew my way home by heart.

"Hey, are you alright?" A hand reached out to help me.

"Yes," I answered and chuckled to myself. "Even with the warning, I still manage to walk into a wall." I  brushed off the dirt on my skirt and blazer.

"You seemed lost in thought, no wonder you didn't see the wall. They just completed the building a few days ago."

"Yeah! I can see that. Thanks for the observation."

I raised my head to look at my knight in shining armour... wait! Shining white apron.

He had hair as black as midnight. Eyes like refined honey, golden brown. His skin looks like he has been living on the beach but it doesn't look like a tan, his brown skin looks natural, almost golden in the late afternoon sun.

His nose and lips look okay on his smiling face. And I'm guessing he plays sports because he looks like one who does, probably tracks and fields because he doesn't strike me as a bodybuilder.

"I'm fine, thank you," I said, wanting to continue my journey.

"Wait! You're bleeding."

Me. Bleeding. I scoff mentally.

I don't bleed that easily. I would never have believed him if I didn't feel the trickling sensation on my calf,

I haven't even seen it though but I know it's a nasty scratch. Wall two. Clary zero.

"I have a first aid kit, I can clean that up if you like." He offered.

Well, mom is gonna be furious, I can't go home like this, might as well receive his help. I nodded and followed him.

He led me to a group of organized tables and chairs on the sidewalk, it's not even restricting the flow of human traffic. I have to admit I was a bit scared that his boss would come to yell at me or something but after a while, I relaxed.

He went into a food truck stationed near the arrangement on the road and came back with a small box, that should be the kit.

"This might sting a little." He said, dabbing the wound with disinfectant.

It hurts, but I'm not going to start whining and complaining in front of someone I've never seen before, might as well suck it in.

When he was done, rubbed a sweet smiling ointment on it and closed it off with a bandage with a professional flair.

"Thank you," I said blushing at the fact that my entire left leg had been on his lap. We've only just met and he's stitching me up, not cool Clary.

"No problem, the pleasure is all mine." He answered with a smile.

"You better get back to work before your boss shows up. "

"No worries, rush hour just ended. In fact, you're the first person I've seen in the past thirty minutes." He said, with a half-smile on his face. I just stare at him while he arranges his kit, my mind trying to make sense of his statement.

"Oh! Don't you get a lot of customers?" I asked something inside of me was pushing for a conversation with him.

He took a deep breath like he was considering my question. "I do. As you can see, this is a busy area filled with office buildings. Those who don't have time to go to a fancy restaurant or Starbucks for lunch come to buy from me. And that's a lot of people. "

I surveyed the buildings around wondering if anyone I know ate from the food truck.

"Sorry for being rude and just asking you questions. I'm Clarissa, Clary for short." I said, extending my hand for a handshake.