18 - Presents.

"Sorry Barry, We all know I've been on my best behavior all year round. I deserve to pick the new year's decorations this year." Ronnie protested.

"You were not even interested two minutes ago," Barry whined.

"So what if I wasn't. That was until I realized we were having the gala at aunty Ami's place, therefore Sam's house. I'm not letting an opportunity to redecorate his room pass me by." Clary chuckled at the childish behavior of her friend.

Time was an illusion when she dedicated herself to her paintings and drawings. By the time Christmas came around, she was halfway through another painting, but stopped because of the persistent bickering of Barry  and Ronnie.

Clary sat with her sketchpad as Barry, who was helping aunty Amelia plan the new year's gala, voice his opinions on Ronnie's attitude.

Usually at the end of the year, the church hosted carols and charity events, so Christmas was a time of giving and moving around for the Allens but new year's eve was another thing.

The Wellingtons always hosts balls, where everyone dresses up fancy and have a good time, by the end of the night, their parents would be too tired to drive or the kids would make them stay the night.

Knowing they'll be spending new year's eve and entering the new year together, the kids were super excited about helping out.

"Ronnie darling, have you picked out the your dress yet? I can't let you follow me on these errands if you haven't." Amelia said, not looking up from her clipboard. She truly enjoyed this time of the year, where she got to do what she does best, plan and organize a party. It was her career path after all.

But she didn't want Ronnie to not be prepared, she had a habit of running late.

"Not really, aunty Ami, but I can't always wear my prom dress." Ronnie said sheepishly. She has been caught and she knew it.

Aunty Ami took events very seriously, she couldn't escape this one.

"Now Ronnie, you know the rules. Even Clary has picked up a dress from my boutique. Go pick one right this instance or you'll not be involved in preparation." Amelia gave Ronnie a stern look. She loved the girl too much to let her slack off on her beauty.

"Yes aunty Ami," Ronnie said with her head down. She jumped off the high stool in the granite island and made her way to the back door, sulking with her clutch.

"Oh, tell Riccardo to start with the dresses I had already laid out. I'm sure you'll make your pick from there. Hurry now, you only have three days left." Amelia said pushing Ronnie out the door. "And pick out some lovely jewelry to match the dress. Remember it's going to be cold, so pick something with sleeves or at least, something that would go nice with a coat, maybe a fur coat!"

"Yes aunty Amelia!" Ronnie responded and slipped through the side of the house.

"Now that that's taken care of. Barry would you like to follow me to the flower shop?" Amelia said picking up her clipboard and scribbling something out.

Barry jumped off his stool, "Of course aunty Amelia."

Amelia smiled at the exuberance of the young man, "Very well. Go tell Mr Valentine to prep my mini van. We're going shopping!" Her voice was filled with so much glee that Clary wondered if was a shopaholic.

"Would you be alright on your own baby, or do you want to follow us?" She asked Clary.

"I'm fine aunty Amelia, Eden and Sam are around. They'll keep me busy, besides I have my sketchpad." Clary waved her sketchpad.