14 - Fairy Prince.

"I've already sent your uncle a message. There's nothing you can do now to weaken my resolve," Sam said with a whiff of arrogance.

"You know you don't actually need an Arthur," Clary said. "You're not handicapped or something and you have lots of people to talk too. Don't forget that you'll be too busy to converse with him."

"How does my schedule affect this? And don't get started on my condition, you all know I'm physically challenged, I don't know how to-"

"Be useful in your life." Ronnie said.

Clary suppressed laughter.

Eden looked the other way.

Sam's features flashed anger before he muttered something under his breath and returned the gesture. "That's not what I wanted to say, you psychopath. I was gonna say I don't know how to control my charm and charisma. If Arthur is as cool as you say he is, I might need him to be my wingman."

"You do know, we're talking about an AI system here right?" Eden questioned, wondering whether his friend was feeling alright.

"Of course I know." Sam's phone buzzed in his pocket. He stared at the screen for a while. "That little nuisance. Why is the world so cruel?!"

"What happened? Did my uncle refuse?"

"I kinda wish he did. His retard of a daughter texted me back saying her father would have no business to do with the man that broke her heart."

"At least she was considerate enough of your girly feelings to call you a man." Ronnie said peering a bit at Sam's phone with a passive look on her face.

"And you did kinda break her heart. The poor girl still had hope for you. Eh well all's fair in hate and unrequited love." Eden commented with a shrug and a sad face as if someone just died.

Clary reserved her own comment and focused her senses to imagine the look of sheer horror on Sam's face.

"So you guys have conniving with that little minx. She fooled you all, I'm nothing but an angel in human form. I would never hurt a fly, talk more of break a human heart. Those things are really sticky, with the blood and all." Sam said.

Eden shook his head as he opened the door. Judging the amount of feet running around accompanied with the smell of pumpkin pie, Clary assumed the preparations were nearly done.

"If you're an angel then I'm a mermaid." Ronnie scoffed and took off her jacket. Eden took Clary's jacket and hung it next to his own.

"And I'm a Fairy." Eden said with a mini twirl.

Ronnie blinked.

Sam faked puking.

Clary stared into oblivion.

"What? I thought we were talking about things we'll never be."

"Don't ever do that again. I don't need a picture of Eden, the fairy prince, in my head." Sam said.

"I actually like boys who own up to their girly dreams." Ronnie commented and walked further away from the door.

"Is that so," Sam said with a wicked smirk on his face. "I always wanted to be a ballerina." He said running after Ronnie.

"Somehow I doubt that." Ronnie walked deeper into her house greeting anyone who she came across.

"C'mon let's go drop these things off," Eden said. He took Clary's hand, which didn't fail to warm up his insides, and strolled into the fancy foyer.

The gang filtered into Ronnie's house with ease. It wasn't the first time they had Thanksgiving dinner at the Wilson's at it wouldn't be the last.