9 - Heart Talk.

"I'm getting tired of airports," Eden mumbled. "Every time I'm here, someone I love is leaving." He held the brochure he was reading dangling from his hands.

"Maybe you should have been there when I arrived, maybe you wouldn't too many bad memories about airports," Clary mumbled her reply, turning away from the glass overlooking the runway.

He sighed. She had been moody throughout the drive, moodier than before. He didn't want anything to do with her at the moment; he, himself, had a lot of things to deal with, adding a disgruntled dear friend would do him no good. That's if she's not the top of my list. He sighed again and walked away, being close to her was agitating him.

He drove back any idea of starting a conversation with her and caught up with Sam instead. They were actually early for this flight and a few minutes to spare before boarding time. They chatted about the situation with Clary and Ronnie told him to give her time and space. After giving her opinion she left to be with Clary.

"Women, " Sam chuckled. "They always want time. What about when we are the ones who need the time."

"Can't say I blame them. They always have something troubling them. But I just think she's sour cos this time I'm actually right." Eden said after sparing a sparing glance at Ronnie and Clary. 

"Of course, you're right. Look at her! She looks like a wounded puppy." Sam commented. "Don't tell her I said that. But when last were you wrong."

"When I thought I could correct Clary and escape the brunt of her anger."

"Look, man, I grew up with that girl. She's kinda used to being right, being in the know and all that. She's the pastor's daughter, I didn't expect anything less from her. But it has been her hindrance for as long as I can remember."

Eden ran a  hand through his hair."She's Clary, you know?"

"Yes, I know. She picked you up, dusted off your insecurities and placed you in a community of people who love you. Now you're a doctor with a handsome face (not as handsome as mine) who thinks celibacy is the way forward."

Eden chuckled, Sam always looked for ways to jab at his relationship-free life. "I do not think that."

"Really? So who's the lucky girl that brought our monk out of the monastery?" Sam said.

Their flight was called and the gang moved to the checkpoint. Standing intentionally at the back of the line, Sam tapped Eden with his foot. "You still haven't told me who she is." He whispered. Clary and Ronnie were just three feet away.

"There's no one." Eden equally whispered.

"And I'm supposed to believe you. If you were ugly and worked at a gas station, I would have but look at you, man. It's not possible not to attract bees."

Eden knew Sam would never give it a rest. "Fine. There's this girl, Julia. She works at the building next to my favourite coffee place."

"Aha! I knew it! So. . ." Sam urged. The line was moving faster than he thought it would. He even let people cut in front of him to buy more time.

"You're such a child." Eden laughed.

Sam saw nothing wrong with his interrogation. Regardless of the mockery, he kept trying. "Something must be holding you back. What is it?"

"Nothing is holding me back. It's not mandatory to be in a relationship, is it?" Eden replied, sounding a bit more guarded than he did a second ago.

Sam nodded like he understood everything, who's to say he didn't. "I see. You, my friend, may just be blinded by someone in front of you. You are unable to look beyond what is eclipsing your vision." He said stroking his face like he has a beard.