30 - Merry Go Round.

"I'm sorry. I overslept. You know I'm usually not like this," I plead with Ronnie who has been scolded me for the past five minutes.

"Sam knocked on your door for minutes, no one answered. I don't even want to know what you were doing. Just get here fast. We've been waiting for you outside for over an hour now. I wanna go see the party and God's wonderful creation."

Oh Ronnie.

"Yeah yeah. I'm on my way. I'm on the street right now." I hang up and focus on finding the place.

It's a street filled with rich people. It's obvious because of the mansions on each side of the road. They are separated by large land and trees from one another.

I thought I'd see the party before I got there but nope. The boy kept the party down, like music and stuff. The party looked chill but the moment I saw the drunk teenager on the roof, I knew it's still a high school party.

" Hey gurl! Finally we can go inside! "
Ronnie screams as soon as she saw me get out of my car.

" Sorry I'm late. At least we'll go in together. C'mon let's get our party on!" We walked up to the front door and knocked.

I know it's weird but it's not like we're breaking the laws of high school parties or anything.

The breeze that came with the door opening carried everything. I suspect beer, whiskey, even some brandy. I'm sure Jace is classy enough to have a bottle of wine or champagne lying around somewhere.

" Hey guys, glad you could make it. "
Jace smiles at us. He steps back from the door and opens it wider. Then a dude comes out from nowhere and pounces on him.

" Dude, I think we're all out of smokes."

Smokes?! Don't tell me it's weed. I'm beginning to think coming to this party was a bad idea. Something could go terribly wrong when you mix hormonal teenagers with alcohol and drugs.

What am I doing here?!

" Um-I think we'll be -"

" Don't tell me it's weed dude, " Sam says like he could read my mind and Ronnie's because she looks like a cornered rabbit.

" No man. It's not. It's a code name we gave to the chicken wings I brought. "
The dude, who I assumed is Jace's friend, answers.

" So smokes doesn't mean anything bad, like drugs maybe. " Ronnie pokes out from behind Sam.

" I promise there's no drugs in this party," Jace puts his hand over his heart and gives us puppy dog eyes.
" Now would you all get your goody-goody selfs in here. The party is missing Alistair High's favorite seniors! Come on! "

I have to admit, he has a point. It looks like everyone is having clean fun – the ones I can see that is.

" Hope you're not messing around man. I'm serious about this. It's my job to not let these girls get wasted. They mean a lot to me, " Sam turns all alpha on Jace but his last statement melts my heart.

He cares about us. Maybe more about Ronnie than me, but he cares. I hook my arm around his and look straight at Jace and his friend. " It's alright Sam. They know you're here. Nothing is going to go wrong, okay. "

" C'mon, let's join the party, " I say and drag Ronnie by the hand and Sam, by the arm into the strangely cool house.

" Ooh, I like her. " Jace's friend smirks and nods at him.

" Look away man. Just look away, " Jace scolds him and shuts the door behind him.

•°•°•°•