11 - They're brothers!

She finally arrived with the dude.

Why does he look familiar, like really familiar?

"Clary, this is Jordan." She said, with the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face. She must really like his company to introduce him to me, " Jordan, meet Clary, my friend." she introduced him, gesturing towards me with her hands.

He stretched out his hand and I took it in a firm handshake.

"Hi, I'm Clary." I could see he was sizing me up by the way he was looking at me, I wasn't worried because I was doing the same.

He let go of my hand and gave me a million-dollar smile, "Nice to meet you. I've only just met Summer here," smiling over me to Summer, "but she's mentioned your name...about five times." he said, furrowing his brows, "I just had to meet this person. And it seems you're everything she said you are, you too must be very close."

For a first impression, he's good! The way he maintains eye contact when he speaks. His deep and smooth voice, how in the world does he make it sound so demanding of attention. I'm sure he's into co-operating business or Law. Because for the first time in my life, I have no witty remark in my mind to give, usually, there's something about a person I just met that sends me into a train of thought.

Oh. I'm doing it again.

"Yes, we very good friends," I said.

Summer looked like she just came back from a blush Fest, though she's clay skinned, I could tell, most people can't but I can.

"Is that so." He was looking at me funny. What are you looking at?

I followed his eyes, he wasn't looking at me but behind me, at Eden.

Eden just had to ask me a question right now, "Hey Clarissa, do you think you can look for Jordan for me?" He asked, not even looking at me, his concentration is to die for.

"Yeah sure," I answered.

Wait. That name. Jordan. No wonder he looks familiar. He looks like a bigger, more manlier version of Eden, the only difference between them are their eyes. Eden's honey brown but Jordan is moss green. You could get lost in those eyes especially when he's making eye contact with he always does when he's talking. No wonder Summer couldn't stop smiling.

Jordan is Eden's brother. Same midnight hair, same brown skin.

"No worries bro, I've found her." He said chuckling.

That caught Eden's attention because he turned around like The Flash, carrying the smell of oregano with him.

"Jordan!!" He said his face lighted up immediately. It left me wondering the kind of relationship the two have.

Jordan sat down after pulling out a seat for Summer, "How's work bro?"

Eden turned his attention to the steaks on the grill, "Work's good and I'm enjoying the party. Thanks for the setup."

"Ahh, it's nothing besides Matt wouldn't give it to anyone else but you," Jordan said, filling up a plate.

Summer just sat fumbling with her shirt. Geez, girl! Get a grip of yourself- see what I did there.

I'm so funny.

"So you're the infamous Clarissa. Everyone has been talking about you." He said, after stuffing his mouth a few times.

I managed an awkward smile, "Well, I wouldn't say that, but I am... Clary."

"Good because I know two people now who think you're a great person, make that three. At least I'm not disappointed. You could truly be all they say you are," He said, giving me a stern look.