14 - Finally.

The days flew by fast since I've taken the SAT exams I've become more relaxed, but that's till I heard the results were out two weeks after.

I didn't know until Sam called me in the evening, we agreed to check ours together after school.

And here I am, feet dangling on the high stool in my kitchen waiting for them to arrive.

I heard her before she appeared.

" I'm so scared right now I took a long bath just to calm my nerves but it didn't work. "

" You don't look calm, you've been running your hands through your hair for a while now. You look like a witch. " I heard Sam say.

"Whatever, where is Clary anyway?" Ronnie replied.

"Over here. " I squeak from the kitchen.

They both appear through the door.

" Looks like someone had it worse than Ronnie. " Sam said, eyeing my bowl of ice cream and bag of gummy worms.

" I'm in need of the sugar rush right now."

" Well I'm in need too," he says pulling out a bowl and filling it with ice cream from the fridge.

Placing two spoons in it, we sit down motioning for Ronnie to join him. She silently joins in, taking giant scoops of ice cream into her inferno of a mouth.

We sat there in silence, the tension was almost solid like a huge rock, thank God no one is at home for the moment. There's time to recuperate if my scores are bad.

" Where's summer? " Sam asks.

" Over here," she says, appearing mysteriously from my backyard.

" Don't tell me you've been there all along," I ask, how could I have missed her.

How could I not, when my brain was on a train to Cuba.

She drags herself to the stool next to Ronnie, literally dragged like her feet couldn't move or something. Even her hair is losing its sheen, I hope she hasn't been killing herself because of this result.

Results mean nothing.

At least that's what I've been telling myself for the past half hour.

" Let's just get this over with. " Sam says bringing his tablet out of his backpack.

" Yeah, I don't think I can handle the pressure anymore. " Summer adds.

" Yeah, you definitely can't. " Ronnie said taking a fist full of Summer's hair. " What is happening to you girl?!  Don't die on us. "

Summer smiles weakly, " I won't. I'm just having a bad week, add revealing my test scores and you get this. " she gestured to her weak self.

" Who wants to go first? " Sam asks, raising his head from the bright screen. The fear in his voice is very noticeable.

" Me. " Summer says raising her hand that has seemed to have lost its colour.

I do hope she's okay.

Sam handed the tablet over to her as she inputs her details.

Silence.

All I hear is the beating of my heart.

Her eyes widened as she looked at us.

" Is 1380 points good enough to study law at Oxford. " She asks full of glee.

" Ahhhhhhhh! " Ronnie and I cried.

" That's amazing! Well done summer." Sam said encouragingly.