22 - Say Hello

It was as if Irene knew everybody.

Once they excited the airport and braved the beautiful Italian day, she started greeting different people: an elderly man on a bicycle at a stop sign, a curvy blonde setting up a poster, a young man in a apron, and lots more.

They drove at a slow pace through the city, Natasha marveled at the aesthetics of the city and promised to take time to roam around; she was to stay for a week before she went back to the US alone- that's if Mr Dante accepts Clary.

Renaissance architecture and city life gave way to lush green fields and quietness.

"Ooooh, that's why they call him Leonardo Da'Vinci, because he's from Vinci," Clary beamed, proud of herself for figuring it out.

Irene laughed, "Yes, Italians have a thing for having surnames after places,"

"No kidding," Clary commented.

"But, they are known to have one of the widest variations of surnames. Trust me, you're in for a lot of-"

"Family traditions." Natasha interrupted.

"That's not true!" Irene defended.

"It is, I was there at your wedding remember, only God knows how I survived through it

Irene gave her sister a playful glare, "Killjoy, I was going to say that."

"You were always too slow." retorted Natasha.

Irene gave the third dramatic gasp in the last hour, "You promised to never bring that up!"

"I didn't, you did. Besides, you're married now, that breaks the lines of the promise." Natasha said, giving her sister a cheeky grin.

"Fine, you win, again." Irene grumbled and turned her attention back to the road. "Let's just go home, at least I have loving husband waiting for me. I need to wash myself of your negative vibes.

Natasha said nothing as her sister stepped on the gas, they were like the only ones on the road anyway. She looked back to see Clary stroking Snow's fur, staring into oblivion with a smile. Natasha smiled at the sight. Let's just hope everything goes smoothly, you'll smile for a long time Clary.

***

"Gio!!!!! I have a new baby!!" was the first thing Irene hollered once they stepped into the house.

The house itself wasn't that big, but it was a quaint little thing suitable for a family of six, so the De'Luca's have room to spare.

A tired looking young man with black hair, a matching beard and bright blue eyes, walked into the room. Without glancing up at them, he groaned, "Don't tell me you're pregnant, Matteo and Mirabella are enough," He pulled a tiny pink band off his hair,"besides, I don't remember giving you a chance to get another baby, even God wouldn't allow it. Just look at me! Milo left me all alone, something about an unexpected arrival, probably said it to get out of babysitting." All the while he had been rubbing his shirt that looked wet and didn't notice the additional people in the room. "I thought I was going to die or something."

"Oh honey, it couldn't have gone as bad, at least you're living and breathing. You didn't die. Besides it's not my fault you wanted to be helpful, now that you've learnt your lesson, be the man that you are and haul our visitor's luggage inside."

At the mention of 'visitors' Giovanni perked his head up, he hadn't noticed that new faces were smiling at him until now. He blushed fiercely as he remembered how he whined to his wife just a minute ago. "Um, hello...it's nice to um-meet you." He stammered, "I'm going to go...get..." He pointed to the door and made his disgraceful exit.