24 - For Summer.

Everyone cried.

I read a eulogy for Summer at her Funeral, something about my Egyptian goddess of a friend, her smile is as radiant as the sun, her tears as calm as the moon...and lots of stuff like that.

People cried as I gave her a final farewell but my eyes were like The Sahara Desert on a heat stroke.

There was a party held in her honor at the Julian household but I'm in no mood to attend. I paced around my room from the balcony to the door trying to put myself in a good mood but it's not working.

Two days ago, we went back to the hospital to find out what exactly killed her, Doctor Grey said nothing was wrong with her, her system was stable and it wasn't a case of suicide, so we're left with the question; What happened to her?

Being the expert sleuth that I am, I've gone through every possible situation but fallen short of an answer. Now my mind is a whirlpool of possibilities.

Knock. Knock.

My head shoots in the direction of the sound.

" Clary, are in there? You left without telling us. " The voice asks accusingly.

Summer left without telling anyone, no one is asking her or Him any questions.

" Go away Sam! " I'm not in the mood for company, I just need time to myself to recover. My mind drifted back to a day when the Egyptian goddess almost broke my door because I wouldn't let her in my room.

The thought makes my eyes sting with tears, and a smile to my lips. It's funny because my tears have a mind of their own, they never show up when I'm around people,so people think I'm strong for not crying for my friend,they show up whenever I'm alone.

Summer used to be the only one who knew what was racing through my mind almost all the time, and now she's gone.

The tears fall silently as I retreat into my Haven, curling up in a blanket on my bed and thinking about my shared memory with Summer.

My tears kept falling till the darkness took over.

•°•°•°•

For two weeks now I've almost never left the house, sure I still went to school but every other thing I usually do after stopped.

No sleepovers, it brings back too many memories. No ice cream trips, the thought of ice cream could make me into a hysterical lunatic. I've been spending my time alone, I still need more time.

" Hey Clarissa."

As much as I loved hearing that voice, now's not the time– I'm looking at old pictures of when summer were still here and my face would reveal that I've been crying. Nevertheless, i clean my face with the sleeve of my beige cashmere sweater –sorry Mom – and raise my head.

" Hi Eden. " I flash my best fake smile but by the look on his face, he totally knows I'm faking it but he doesn't press the issue as he takes a seat across me on my balcony.

" I brought something for you. " he wags a brown bag in front of my face. I peer into the bag to spot two Cheese sandwiches neatly wrapped in transparent plastic paper.

My mind travels back to the first day we met on that street. It seems like a long time ago, well it's been months and Summer is dead.

Summer is gone.

I didn't notice that Eden has been waving a hand at my face. I blink to register reality.

" Clarissa, you kinda zoned out back there. " Eden says, watching me as he's my therapist.