11 - We Just Know!

It was a hot summer day in Valley View. The birds were resting on the trees, the breeze was lazily tickling the grass and Ronnie was being a thorn in Clary's side.

The girls were having a bit of quiet time together. Clary was painting her mom's garden while Ronnie was doing. . . whatever eight months pregnant women do on hot days- trying to find solace from the sheat.

So there she was in a short dress, sipping ice tea and talking about how dreadful her feet feel.

"Ronnie, I'm trying to concentrate." Clary chided her. Ever since her miraculous healing, she had put more effort into capturing everything on paper or canvass. She looked on everything and everyone with so much wonder as she was now able to notice the tiniest details, making the world come alive even more.

"But I'm bored! And no one wants to talk to me. Sam chased me away from the house, My mom left for work, and Brennan just laughs at me." Ronnie whined.

"So I was your next best option." Clary took a break, dropping her brush in a can.

"You were my only option." Ronnie batted her eyelashes at Clary. "Besides it's your duty as a best friend to be there for me."

"Yeah, right." Clary snorted, taking a slice of Apple from Ronnie's plate. She dropped down to the seat before biting in. "I'm not your man."

"But you are my girl," Ronnie said, rubbing her large stomach. She exhaled deeply suddenly causing Clary to worry.

"Is anything wrong? Hope my baby girl is feeling fine."

"Nothing is wrong." Ronnie adjusted herself on the cushioned seat. "At least that's what Aunt Nat says. And stop saying it's going to be a girl, how do you know anyway?"

"I just know." Clary smiled and reclined in her seat, looking up at the sky.

"Well, I want a boy. My own baby boy." Ronnie said dreamily "I hope he has my amazing looks. I mean just look at me, I'm fearfully and wonderfully made." She finished with laughter.

Clary laughed too. "And the rest of us were just made. I hear you, best-creation-of-God."

"What can I say, the world can't get enough of me."

"Just wait till the baby is born, no one will even remember you." Clary laughed leaning forward to run her fingers on Ronnie's stomach lightly, making the baby kick.

"Awwww, she can't get enough of me." Clary cooed, rubbing Ronnie's tummy even more.

Ronnie rolled her eyes at her friend's expression. Truly, whenever Clary was around, the baby was more active, which in turn made her happy; that was the original reason she preferred Clary's company to anyone else's.

"Just a friendly reminder, Clary, she's a he," Ronnie said swatting Clary's hand away. "You are making me think you and Eden tricked me into checking the gender. And you are the only ones who know it."

"Jordan believes it's a girl too. So does Auntie Nat." Clary chimed, helping herself to another slice. "Believe it or not, I want a goddaughter and you are going to give one to me."

"Then get married and have your own baby." Ronnie teased.

"I'm twenty-six, I still have time." Clary nestled in her seat once more.

"Says who?"

"Says me. Besides, I'm super busy. Mr Florentino won't give me a break. You do know i have to be in California for the art show next week or he's not going to let me lie down next month."

"Keep telling yourself that," Ronnie said without hesitation.

"Telling myself what?" Clary turned her gaze to her friend.