3 - Into the Night.

"Now Clary, at the count of three I'm going to flash some light into your eyes. All you need to do is tell me if it's too bright," Doctor Grey said softly before bringing out his flashlight. He had a notion why she couldn't see but he needed to be sure.

He counted to three and flashed the light in her eyes. Her pupils didn't respond to the bright light. Neither did they move. She just blinked and held a smile on her face. "Doctor Grey, aren't you supposed to flash the light at the count of three?"

He let go of her and smiled sadly at Nurse Amber standing behind him. "I did Clary. I did." He wanted to tell her parents before he told her. "I'll be right back. Nurse Amber will give you some medicine. Be nice, both of you."

Pastor Allen found it hard to believe what the doctor told him. He finally had his daughter back but not completely. He would never see her eyes light up with glee when he gets her a car. The shine in her crystal blue eyes will forever be dim. For his daughter...was blind.

"But doctor, there has to be something that can be done." He looked at Doctor Grey with anticipation. His daughter must see again.

"There is a way, Pastor Allen but it can't be done now. We'll have to take some time to evaluate her situation, It is possible that eye restoration surgery can be done. But you'll have to wait. For now let her get used to...not seeing, so as not to get her hopes, or yours high."

Pastor Allen nodded with understanding. If there's a possibility that his daughter could see again, he'll have to be patient.

"Thank you doctor. Can we see her now?" Rachel asked. She felt a strong need to comfort her daughter. Doctor Grey nodded and walked back into the room to find Clary and Amber in squeals and laughter.

He smiled brightly and walked over to the giggling girls."Seems to me, you girls are having fun. What's all the fuss about?"

Nurse Amber pursed her lips, obviously holding in more laughter. Clary, on the other hand, turned to the space close to him and smiled innocently. "Nothing you need to concern yourself with Doctor Grey,"
Clary said with much confidence in her voice. She didn't want him to know that they've been talking about how Doctor Grey proposed to his fiancee, who happens to be Amber's cousin, Bree.

Doctor Grey brushed it off and told Clary her parents and friends are here to see her, which she responded with a large smile. "One question Doctor Grey, Is it a practical joke to switch off all the lights or it's actually night because I can't see anything other than dark masses against a less dark backdrop."

As Clary explained her vision, Rachel started crying again, softly on her husband's chest. She heaved a big breath and stopped the waterworks. She doesn't know, she thought to herself. Calming down, she took a glance at Eden, Sam and Ronnie, the tightness in her chest only worsened. They've been standing quietly behind for a while, not even uttering a word to her and her husband since they got here. This must be hard for them too.

"Clary, now that you've told me this. I think it's time to tell you the truth. Clarissa Mary Allen,  It's in my honest opinion and good intention to tell you that it's possible your optical nerves were damaged by the accident." He gauged her reaction but it was a bit difficult to read because she wasn't looking at him directly and her eyes wouldn't keep still.

"D-damaged? What-what do you mean by damaged?" Clary counterattacked with fervor, she didn't want to understand what Doctor Grey said. She scrambled on her feet, pulling down her blanket to the floor, the grey carpet clashing with her bright animal hospital dress. Everyone in the room rushed to appease her but she pushed them all away.

Standing in the center of the room. All eyes watching her every movement so she wouldn't hurt herself. "You can't mean that-Impossible! I refuse to believe!"