6 - Miss Me?

Barry barged into his sister's room. He spots her looking like a cornered animal on the balcony and charged.

"Sis!!" His voice rang clear as he tackled her to the ground. "It's been too long."

"Gosh, if I knew you weighed like a truck I would have ducked." Clary squirmed in his hold, turning and pushing all to no avail. "Get off me! Barry! Come on!"

"Know your place, sister, you can not tackle me ever again." Barry cackled. "I'm bigger than you now." He said getting up before holding out a hand to Clary.

"Give it a rest, Barry, I can take you anytime, any day, after the –" Barry launched, carrying his sister on his shoulders and jumping around like a monkey. No one noticed when Pastor Allen slipped out of the room.

"BARRY!!!!!!" Clary shrieked. "I'M NOT READY TO DIE." But he paid no mind to her. He jumped around till they were both exhausted, then he set his fear-stricken sister down.

"Am i in Heaven?" Clary asked clutching her chest thinking it would slow down her heart.

"No, you're still alive." Barry laughed and took a seat. He looked like he was sitting with eight-year-olds because he didn't quite fit into the setting and colour of Clary's room. "Boy, that was fun."

"Fun for you. I almost died." Clary finally caught her breath. "I'm going to tell mom," Clary stated and got up. "Mom!!!" Barry caught her by the arm.

"Hey, hey, I'm sorry, okay. Don't tell mom." Barry pleaded. "She still hasn't forgotten the backyard incident."

"What backyard incident?" Clary interrogated. 

"It involves some friends from Springfield and bad decisions.  That's not important right now. Please don't tell mom." Barry held onto clary like his life was on the line, begging and pleading.

"Hmm. . . is this an avenue for leverage as long as I'm around." Clary bit back her smile. "Are you willing to come to an agreement."

"You are too sly for your own good." Barry groaned.

"It's not my fault."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. What do you want?" Barry released her, he got up and dusted his jeans. Begging did not suit him, he didn't even know what happened just now.

"Don't tackle me ever again and I may not tell mom."

"That's not fair!"

"Life's not fair." Clary chuckled wickedly. "So, dear brother, what do you say?"

Barry muttered something under his breath. "What? I can't hear you." Clary placed a hand to her ear.

"I said, what a nice sister you are, so kind and merciful."

"I know right!" Clary beamed. "I'm awesome like that."

"Hmm. . . so humble." Barry goaded her.

"I know – I see your trick. It won't work."

"Oh, man! You were almost there."

"I know." Clary hit his gut with her cane. "Now leave before my benevolence ceases."

Barry caught her wandering cane. "I love you, sis." He laughed, fully aware that Clary would keep their secret. He hummed a cheery tune as he waltzed to the door.

"Before I forget, dinner's at the Wilsons tonight, by six. Be ready." He said and clicked the door shut.

"Dinner, right. I'm so excited." Clary let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Dinner is going to be fun.