32 - Headlights.

I didn't need to hear it twice. With my purse hugged close to my chest. I assured myself everything would be alright.

Thank the heavens Michael didn't bind my hands. He's not as smart as he thinks he is. And he even went outside to go see the fun, according to him. This might just be my only chance.

With a deep breath, It muttered a prayer and dashed for the door, almost tripping over by Valerie's long legs.

I stealthy tip-toed out of the closet. I couldn't waste any more time. So I dropped all caution and made a run for the bedroom door.

Michael was putting on his clothes. He was oblivious to his surrounding but the ruckus I made trying to open the door alerted him of my escape.

"Oh shit!" Michael lunged at me just as the door gave way and we landed on the sleek hallway floor together.

He only had his pants on with no shirt, so to the few drunk teens making out. This looks like a hookup gone wrong.

He stands up and starts to drag me by left my foot into the room. I anchor myself unto the door frame with my life.

But Michael was much stronger than me. He turned my ankle towards an unnatural position and I panicked.

This boy is going to break my legs to stop me from getting away.

I heard no snap. He didn't break it, thank God but it hurts like hell. He drags me back into the room because of my brief shock.

He reaches out to subdue my flaying arms and that's when I bit him, hard, till I drew blood.

He withdraws his hand and cries out in pain but I don't care. Clutching the bleeding hand to his chest and checking for more damage done.

Victory is mine!

I jump on my feet only to realize my left ankle hurts like it has been ripped off with only a few ligaments remaining. Nevertheless, I grab my purse and rush for the stairs leaving my boots behind.

I could hear Michael cursing but I didn't turn back. All I focused on was my heavy breathing and my bare feet that made a slapping sound anytime they touched the well polished floor.

I ran past a room with its door ajar. Jace had his arms around a crying Violet. Patting her hair and muttering words to her. The look on his face when we made eye contact spoke for itself. He knew he was in for a lot of trouble. His eyes widened to saucers but he didn't move...like he got stuck holding onto Violet or something. It's not my problem now.

I didn't want to know why Violet was crying. All I wanted to do was get out of this house.

I increased my wobbly pace when I realized Michael was still after me.

" This can't get any harder." I muttered under my dangerous breathing.

And this stupid dress is making it harder to run. I would have ripped it but the odds and time don't seem to be in my favour.

I felt a hand wrap around my waist.
Please God, save me.

"Got you!" Michael said but he spoke too soon.

I was already at the tip of the stairs. The force with which he grabbed me, was able to knock me off balance. I went tumbling down the stairs along with Michael.

•°•°•°•

Pain.

So much pain.

You're almost there. Get up Clarissa.

The lights from the ceiling cast an eerie shadow on the ground. The house is relatively quiet compared to before.