8 - Class is in session.

On Monday morning, Sam came to pick me up as usual and we all made our way to school. Final exams were coming up so we were assigned extra time for studying, effective from today. We took advantage of our free time to do actual studying.

"What are we gonna do about Eden?" Ronnie suddenly piped up after three hours straight of studying. Her face bore a tired expression like she was exhausted from studying this long.

I don't blame her, we've been cooped up in the library for a while now, and I'm starting to get hungry.

"What about Eden?" Summer asked, after service yesterday, we filled her in on our newest friend and how he needed some extra encouragement from us, "What particularly is his weakness?"

I turned my attention from the calculus textbook to Summer, "I saw him last night when I went grocery shopping, he only said he was too average in every subject except Biology - he was the best in biology in his school - so we need to give him the boost he needs in other subjects." Summer's face didn't change from its serious expression she wore anytime she was thinking.

"But wouldn't it affect us, our own personal study time may be disrupted and we would be exhausted by the time we're done with him." She said closing her textbook, it seems we had all given up on studying, even Sam has turned his attention to our conversation.

I had thought about this side of the equation before - look at me, speaking in mathematical terms, calculus has changed English for me - and I had an idea, "I thought about that, We're gonna share the task, he's already good in biology." I paused to study the patterns in my skirt, resting my elbow on the table and placing my chin in my hands, looking at the white shelves behind Summer as her eyes demanded an explanation, "Sam will take him in physics, Ronnie will work on his history, you can help with his English and reading, while I work with him on chemistry."

They all nodded, it was Sam that raised a question, "What about his maths?"

What they didn't know was that I've talked about it George, he teaches calculus at Valley View high, now you where I got my love for the topic, he agreed to tutor Eden not only in calculus but in statistics, trigonometry and geometry, basically all math-related topics.

"I talked to George yesterday, he said he'll do it, every Friday after school for three hours," I stated after a while, "So all we get to do is work our day into our schedules."

"In that case, I choose Wednesday, " Ronnie said, " It's the only day of the week I'm free from piano lessons."

"So we're picking days, then I'm going for Thursday, I'll be free after school, no football practice," Sam said leaning on the table, it looked like he about to climb onto the table for a nap.

"No fair!" Summer's face flashed playful anger, "You didn't leave a choice for me, Clary already has him on Monday, that's leaves Tuesday."

Yes, it does, Sum, and Eden's not a thing to be had." Ronnie's eyes looked playfully over to me, making me remember what she said when she first met him, "But he's cute," she said a moment later, "wait till you see him."

"No, Ronnie. we'll not go down that path again," Sam said glaring at Ronnie.

She on the other hand, just brushed his words of, "What? I'm just stating out the obvious. If it makes you feel better, I think you're cute too," She said smiling.

Her statement caught him off guard because his expression softened quickly, his beautiful smile returned,
"Thank you, Ronnie. It does make me feel better."

Summer cleared her throat, "Now on to more important matters. How will we reach him?"

I was getting hungry and I was desperately in need of some cinnamon rolls with some hot cocoa,
"Don't worry about it, I'll take his number today when he comes over."