12 - Well, That's New.

"What? What's wrong, Clary?" Pastor Allen asked noticing her sharp intake of breath?

Clary couldn't believe what she read. Now? Like right now? This can't be happening? Oh but it is. "Dad we need to get to the hospital now, hopefully, we can make it." She said, urging him to make a turnaround, they had already passed the road that leads to the hospital.

"Slow down, Clary, and tell me what you saw." Pastor Allen tried to ease the pressure she was mounting on him. He pulled the car over to give her his full attention.

"Thirty-five missed call and twelve messages from everyone!" Clary said, her eyes wide with rising emotions.

"And?" Pastor Allen asked clearly still lost.

"Ronnie went into labour two hours ago!" Clary blurted out.

Raking a hand through his face, he heaved a sigh, "What a way to end a busy day. Thank you, Lord." He said. With one swift motion, he was on the road again, but this time in a different direction.

Clary and her dad drove to the hospital in a frenzy, without a thought to return any of the missed calls. On arriving there they asked the receptionist, about a Mrs Wellington and she pointed them in the right direction.

By the time they met the rest of the family at the waiting room, Ronnie was in the delivery room for over two hours. They were all worried because the baby came three weeks before it was due. The younger generation was wondering what was taking so long and the elders were trying to reassure them that everything would go smoothly. All in all, everyone was breathing prayers while waiting.

It was a little over midnight that the soft cry of a child was heard behind the door. Squeals of joy went off and praises shouted to Heaven. Everyone was so excited, even Rose and Mr Wellington who went to get coffee rushed back to join the festival of joy.

After everything was said and done inside, the doctor and nurses walked out congratulating them for a healthy baby girl. At that instant, four out of the group shouted, "I knew it!!!"

Clary, Jordan, and Natasha looked at each other and laughed revelling in the fact that they were right all along. The doctor excused himself and allowed visiting but to just see the mother and child, not to wake the mother especially from her needed rest.  

When Mr and Mrs Wellington walked in, Clary knew if she wanted to have some time alone with her friends, she had to come tomorrow. Relaying the message to the rest, she urged them to give the closest families time with their children and the newest member of their extended family.

And so the Allens, Julians and Jordan excused themselves for the night, much to Rose and Amelia's disappointment, and drove off to their various homes, grateful for the baby girl that was just born.

The world had already woken up when Clary matched up the stairs of Gatsby Blaine Memorial Hospital. Dressed from head to toe in thick cloths, she could still feel the wind cooling her skin. She felt like the leaves started changing colours overnight, or she didn't just notice that Fall sneaked upon them.

Knocking lightly, she cracked the door of Ronnie's room open. She expected to see Sam asleep and for the room to be less crowded, but boy, was she wrong, it was as if her friends never left.

"Jordan, what gives?!" Clary whined walking in the room. She placed the three cups of coffee she bought for the trip on the table and Sam was the first to pick one. "You look like you haven't slept in two days." She gave a smile to Sam. She couldn't help but notice a new glow to his face. "And i don't blame you one bit, daddy." She said bursting into laughter, which Jordan and Ronnie joined.