21 - Flowers of Eden.

They say you value time more when you're in a hospital and I find that statement to be true, we visit Summer everyday but each time I walk into her room I feel like she won't be there waiting for us even when the doctor says she's well on her way to recovery.

It's obvious she's getting better, the glow of her skin is back, her hair catches the sun again and her bright eyes adorn an equally bright face. It feels like she's been here for months -to me that is, technically...she's been here for two weeks now, since Eden and Cassie's SAT exams are next week. I'm currently getting myself a lazy Saturday afternoon brunch...make that lunch, I'm in need of a double meal, Eden's so on my It list, he made Coleslaw and a beautiful Vege sandwich with whole wheat bread, Jordan brought it - he didn't go to work today, something about his boss being out of town and nothing to do at the office - guess what? It's not for me, not even a little piece, it's all for Summer.

I'm not complaining but the boy could be a little bit considerate of my love for all things delicious and healthy...anyways, here I am in the hospital cafeteria picking out my murk of a meal, no offense to hospital food but they could do a bit more in the looks department and taste too just in case.

The mashed potatoes look like soggy Styrofoam, I'm not eating that. So I pass over, checking out the pasta while the lady behind the counter shoots daggers at me.

What?! I'm not judging your entire existence because of your food.

Nothing really caught the attention of my taste buds so I ended up with a paper bag filled with pastries,a banana and an apple with a cup of hot cocoa in my hand.

Standing in front of the door, I heard talking and not wanting to just interrupt a conversation because that would be kinda rude, I decide not to enter but peer in the room or in better terms, check out what's going on.

I see Jordan sitting on the bed with Summer, and they're close to each other, like really close, like Summer and I close...maybe I'm exaggerating but still.

I turn on my ninja ears. Something at the back of my mind is yelling for me to stop eavesdropping but this can't be considered eavesdropping, can it?

" I'm glad you're getting better, you actually got me back there, I thought..." I hear Jordan say.

" But I'm fine now, don't worry too much okay. "

" You Miss Jillian don't know what you do to me." at this point, my adrenaline levels were high enough to make me peek through the glass opening of the door for long.

Lo and behold, Summer is smiling like a kid on Halloween that got free candy to leave Mr Jenkins yard - honestly that guy is creepy but he's yard is always the most decorated during Halloween and he can't stand the kids from running around in it or make the teenagers to stop using his yard as a background for pictures on Instagram.

" Oh don't say that, it's not like I'm your... " Summer holds her tongue before she says anything stupid.

"You're my what? " Jordan asks, his eyes light up with a mischievous glint but in a good way... I think.

" W-we're not you know...officially dating ", this is probably the hardest thing I've ever seen Summer do and possibly the bravest, with each word she sank deeper into her shell but she still said it all.

" Do you want to change our status? "

First of all, nicely done Jordan, throwing the ball in her court.

Ha! See what I did there. Her court, courtship. I'm so funny.

Second of all, eekk! Jordan is asking summer to be his girlfriend!