16 - Called.

" Hey Cassie, wanna know what's up?"
Ronnie asks her.

We've been sitting by the lake for a while now, Sam and Eden practicing throws, the girls and I, with the exception of summer, are making flower crowns.

"Yeah sure. " Cassie answered.

"I'm going to Julliard, come to NYU so we can live together in an apartment.
We're gonna do crazy things together."

" You know I've not written my SAT yet, hold your horses girl. " Cassie says, trying out her crown.

"Honey!! I have a crown for you. " She says, standing up all of a sudden.

Sam saw her coming and starts to pace around, then broke into a full out run. Cassie wasn't reluctant, she kept chasing him - that girl can run - to the other side of the lake.

Eden came to sit down with us.

" Here's your crown. " Ronnie says, placing a crown on his head. It's funny he didn't refuse like Sam.

" You do know, I look like-"

" A fairy prince!!" Ronnie pipes up

Eden laughs, " Whatever you say princess. "

" So Eden, do you think you're ready your the test. " I ask. We've been tutoring him for a while and his improvement is outstanding and the positive atmosphere we provide has boosted his mind.

"I'm excited to say the least, I just want to get these exams over with. "

"We'll be there, cheering for you. " Ronnie says, weaving another crown.

" Quick question. Where is summer? "
Ronnie asks

That is the question of the century, yesterday we only talked on the phone and she was clearly excited about something, but she wouldn't tell.

Eden looked like we've caught his hand right in the cookie jar.
" She's out with... Jordan. " he just dropped his words like bombs.

" What!!" Ronnie screamed, if she didn't do it, I probably would have.
" She went on a date with your brother and you conveniently left it out till now. " Ronnie screeched.

" Yeah, how could you? " I add.

Eden tilts his head to the left and arches a brow. " I thought she must have told you guys, I'm just staying out of the picture. My brother and Summer, not that it's bad but I thought he said he'll never let a girl get in. "

At that moment, Sam came, breathing heavily and wearing the crown, with an equally exhausted Cassie.

" Sam! Did you know summer's out on a date with Jordan. " Ronnie says.

" Yeah, I did. " He replies with a smirk on his face.

" And it didn't occur to you to tell us. " I snap and ruined the crown I was making.

" Wait. You guys didn't know? I thought for sure you'll be the first to know. " His eyes burning into mine with disbelief.

" Maybe out of the excitement she forgot or something. We'll find out what happened before, after and during the date, sooner or later. " I say, knowing that something must have happened to make her forget telling us about her date with Jordan, but I couldn't help but feel sad that she forgot to tell us.

Sam takes a seat on the blanket with Cassie next to him.

" I see you've lost your masculinity. " Ronnie comments, eyeing the crown on his head.

"Oh shut up Ronnie, this, " pointing to the crown on his head, " doesn't mean anything. "

" Whatever you say princess. " Ronnie says, copying Eden's words and it sends us laughing, with the exception of Sam, who looked like he's about to die out of embarrassment.