7 - My Egyptian goddess.

Spending time with Eden and the guys at the park was fun, we talked and talked for hours. I got to understand that Eden has done everything a high schooler would do if they wanted to study medicine, but something threw him off course, something he wouldn't say, but I could sense it.

Ronnie and Sam left a while ago and Eden had to go attend to some customers. "What happened to him?" I asked no one in particular.

Why do you ask?

I knew this voice very well.

Nothing it's just... Something is blocking me for reading him, is it you?

Maybe, maybe not. He'll tell you about it when you need to know Clarissa.

Alright, Father, I'm not bringing it up again, because you won't tell me too. I pouted.

The Holy Spirit does this to me all the time, I love him but...

' I'll find out when I need to know ' I scoffed, even my mental voice was slightly mad.

Clarissa, don't force it or you'll ruin it, remember I brought him to you.

Right. I forgot God can hear my thoughts without me knowing.

During my discussion with The Holy Spirit, Eden started packing up.

I walked over to him, and reached out for the nearest retractable table, "Why are you packing? It's not even four yet."

He looked at me with a blank expression, one that I've associated with him when he's thinking about something, "I have to go home, I'm preparing dinner tonight." He replied and continued folding the chairs and tables.

I'm not gonna pester him any further, "I'm gonna go too, my parents are probably in church preparing for tomorrow's service." I said, playing with the chair I was trying to fold.

I took note of the fact that he didn't question what my parents were doing in church.

"So... I'll see you on Monday," I said adjusting my backpack on my shoulders and picking up my bicycle, I mounted it, "Seven, before I forget I live in Number 24 Moon street, West Green road."

His attention didn't drift from the chairs and tables, I wonder if he got the address, "Yeah sure." He said, nodding slightly to acknowledge my bicycle.

"Bye!" I said riding towards the back entrance.

I could feel his gaze on me as I rode through the gate, "Bye Clarissa."

Just like Jesus calls me 'Clarissa ', not many people called me that anymore.

Lots of people were making their way home, I should go home too, mom and dad would be preparing for church tomorrow and they would be busy. No need to go be a bother. I better go home, Barry will be there too.

I decided to go for the less busy route, from the intersection after Valley View High, a left turn to Mr Freeze, a right turn on Saints street, just behind City Hall would bring me to Valley street, that's the road leading to the Valley's mansion, turning north to West Green road, and riding straight towards the next intersection, that brings me to our junction, turning right meant I was going to church or Ronnie's house, turning left meant I was going home. Sam, Summer and I lived in the same Avenue.

Barry was sitting on the porch when I came in holding my bicycle, "Hey buddy," I said, setting my bicycle down, "What's up?"

He turned his bright eyes to me, Barry and I look alike in many ways, hair, eyes, shade of skin, what made us different was not only our gender and age, the most noticeable feature is that I look like mom and he looks like dad. I always wanted to look like dad, his perfectly symmetrical face, his nose that made him look like he was sculptured from marble, dad was handsome in a movie star kind of way, it's clique to think of him that way, I know but that's the way we look in our family, I look like a miniature mom, Barry looks like a miniature dad, I'm sure he's gonna look better when he grows older, he's just fourteen.