Chapter 31 - Instincts

The next few days had been similar to the first, they would try talking to you and you would shoo them off without a second thought.

You couldn't get past the dull ache that would settle in your chest everytime you did but you ignored it. Internships had been discussed and you currently sat in an office being told what you would be expected to do.

You had chosen Midnight's agency, it was basically were you lived and honestly you would prefer to be more of a stealth type hero.

"Ok so, for our first trip out, we will go to Hosu! Exciting right? There's alot of places to go around without being noticed much if I've ever seen!" Midnight happily exclaimed.

"Hosu? Isn't Iida interning there? Whatever, thats no concern of mine."

.

.

The sun was beginning to set as Midnight finished up her tour and guidance of showing you ways to get around.

One included an alleyway and going on top of a bar to roof jump. It got your adrenaline up in a good way and you felt energized.

"Alright, I think its time we-" before she could finish her words, she was sent an alert.

"Oh dear, that's not good. Y/n, go back home, I'll meet you there later!" She demanded.

"What? But I-"

"No, go now!" Without waiting to listen to your reply she rushed off.

You crossed your arms and sighed. You were about to start heading back when you suddenly got struck by an idea.

"I can fight! I'm not weak!"

You then rushed off in the direction that Midnight had gone and before long you were greeted with plumes of smoke, fires lapping at buildings, people panicking and heros fighting what looked like monsters.

You stood in shock at what lied before you. It shook you to your core and before you could listen to your instincts and run a voice called out to you.

"H-hey! You're a hero? Help!"

You turned your head as a hand latched onto you. A woman clung to your arm with tears in her eyes. Her hand was pointing up at a building.

The bottom floors were set ablaze but the upper floors had yet to be touched.

"Please! My baby is up there!" She cried.

You gently shook odf the woman before your body went forward. You didnt know exactly what you were doing and ever one of your instincts were screaming at you to run away but you still kept going forward.

You caught sight of a ray of light shining through an open window and used your power you catch it and flow though it and up to the floor quickly.

Golden flecks of light flirted around you as you kept your quirk active for any use you may need.

"If I can remember there was a fire type aboce the building, I need to do this quickly before that freaky Nomu thing sets the rest of this building up in smoke."

You could hear crying and of course went in its direction. You found a group of people huddled together in fear. They looked up at you as you entered.

"There isnt much time! If You want to live come with me now!" You demanded.

At once, the people obeyed and filed into the room you had come from. You stood by the window and began speaking again.

"I will send you down in groups of five or so, my barrier will protect you from the fall so don't worry"

"Alright, first step complete!"