Chapter 43 - Protect

:))))))))

It was a jumbled blur for you, up to your room, under your blankets were the triggering sound was muffled.

Bakugou sat on the floor, his back against the side of the bed and you slinked down to join him. It was silent, except for the occasional boom of thunder and flash of lightning in the dark room.

Then, a thought occured to you and your shaky voice spoke up.

"I guess it's fair, I-if I tell you why I act t-this way with thunder."

When he didn't protest, you pulled the blanket over your head like a hood and explained weakly about past events.

When your finally finished, it was quiet again.

"That's some deep shit." He finally spoke.

You let out a dry laugh, lowering the blanket from your head and gazing at him. You caught his eye and he gazed back.

"Its not that bad, besides," you leaned back and looked up at the ceiling, "When you don't have anyone to help or protect you, it helps you grow up faster."

"That's fucking shit! You don't need to try being an adult, I'll protect your dumb ass if it's that big of a deal!"

You gaped at him slightly before your body moved for you and rested your chin on his shoulder. You could feel the tenseness of his muscles under you before they relaxed.

"You mean that? You'll protect me?" You asked.

He huffed, "I won't let anyone else hurt you, you're safe with me."

There was once more silence when he shuffled away.

"The thunder's gone, this conversation is awkward." He grumbled.

Your head tilted, "I thought it was going great."

You stared at you, his usual scowl softened.

"I gotta go anyway." He stood up and began to walk away.

You leaned forward on your knees quickly and grasped his wrist.

"Stay with me tonight?" You asked hopefully.

If the room wasn't dark, you might've caught the faint blush that briefly covered his face.

"What? How can I stay here? Where would I sleep?" He countered.

"You said you didn't care about returning home, you CA just sleep in my bed."

"Idiot."

"What? Its not uncomfortable."

He scoffed, "I'm not sleeping in your bed."

"Whats wrong? Are you scared?" You asked slyly.

That seemed to irk him as he paused briefly before striding confidently over to your bed.

"I'm not scared." He muttered with crossed arms.

You smiled softly and crawled in the open space next to the wall. Hesitantly, he also laid down.

There was a bit of awkward shuffling before you were comfortable. Due to the close proximity, you could clearly scent the peculiar caramel-like smell he had, it was a very comforting and sweet smell which shocked you a bit.

"You smell good." You mumbled absent mindedly.

He looked at you strangely, "Don't say weird shit."

Suddenly the blanket was pulled off you.

"You prick, give the blanket back, Cactus!" You demanded.

"Why should I?" He asked.

You thought for a moment before answering, "If you keep the blanket, I'm going to put my cold feet on you."

With that, the blanket was, rather quickly, given back.