Chapter 38 - Falling Apart

Ha ha YEET! It's Monday my dudes

You stared up into his crimson eyes.

"I dont know what you-"

"Shit! You know what I fucking mean! I'm impatient so you better start talking before I blow you the fuck up!"

"Wow so persuasive."

You shook your head and rolled your eyes.

"I don't have to tell you anything. Now I'm leaving." Before you could even take a step an arm trapped you in place.

"I think the fuck not."

Your stress was rising and it felt like an elephant was sitting on your chest.

"No, I'm leavi-"

"It has something to do with the damn thunder thing and the fight we had at the sports festival, doesn't it? So don't fucking say I'm not involved!" He yelled.

Your throat began to get the familiar burn along with your eyes. Before you could control and compose yourself your body instinctively backed up and away from him, going down to curl your knees to your chest as warm tears began springing out of your eyes.

"It hurts!" You cried.

He looked at you with annoyance and something that seemed to be akin to sympathy.

"I know you know! Thats why it hurt so much!" You could barely comprehend the words that were spilling from your lips in this moment everything just seemed so... surreal.

"I thought it would be nice, to actually try to get to know people a-and try to trust them but.... That trick you did during our fight hurt me! I didn't care about that fight! I wanted you to win even!" You covered your face with your hands, ashamed to face him.

"I felt like my trust was broken! And if you could do that so can everyone else! I dont need people to use me anymore, thats why I hate them!" You kept your face covered, not daring to see his expression.

You could guess he didn't even care and wasn't even listening to you but you continued.

"The more I tried to hate everyone, the more I wanted to hurt them and when I was caught, under that building, that stupid and naive child was so damn happy! Even when I was practically pouring my guts on her! She called me a good person but I'm not, it made me hate myself ad I still hate myself! That's why they're dead! Because I can't-"

"Shut up."

The words caught you off guard and you removed your hands from your face.

"What?"

"I said shut up! You hear yourself? You sound like a whiny little shit who cant get over something that you can't even fucking control!" He stomped towards you and angrily put his hand on top of your head.

"Now shut the fuck up you stupid ass crybaby! You dont need to get all depressed like a fucking loser!"

It wasn't the support you had expected and you certainly weren't sure how to react to it. You didnt feel like getting up so instead you just leaned forward and rested your head against his leg.

You heard him angrily grumbling above you.

"I guess I wont use that shitty trick on you anymore." He growled

"Not an actual apology but its ok for him."

"Thank you."

"Huh?!"

"Thank you, for apologizing."

He huffed. "Dont fucking mention it."