Chapter 35 - Gift

You let out a sigh as you walked down the hall of the school, on your way out of the building.

"For some reason I've been feeling strange, watching others talk gives me a weird sad feeling. I wish I wouldn't feel this way."

You ran you hand through your hair and continued to walk out of the building. You paused as you were midway home.

A memory passed through your mind and you quickly changed course from home to a store. You walked down the aisles before finding what you were looking for.

You went up to the counter and paid before leaving the store and walking towards the hospital. Your entire trip, you felt as if you were being watched, you would frequently turn to look around but never caught anyone staring.

Once you made it to the hospital you went up to the desk and asked the man there which room the person you were looking for was in. He gladly gave you instructions and you made your way up.

You walked down the hall, nurses and doctors walking about, doing their business with an occasional patient loitering about.

Stopping infront of the door you looked at the number.

23

This was your correct place to be. You slid open the door and your dull, emotionless eyes met a pair of blue one's. You watched as a wide smile then decorated the child's face.

"Y/n!" The girl called as you stepped closer.

"Aina, I'm glad to see you're doing well." You spoke calmly.

"Me too! Is that your school uniform? Its so cool! Are you still in bandages? I am!" The young girl began firing off questions and sentences in excitement, here eyes glittering happily.

You silenced her by holding the paper bag up to her. She stared at it qizzically, looking at you and seeing you mod for her to take it.

She did and began to open it. Her eyes widened with her smile if even possible and she quickly pulled out a stuffed animal.

It was a kitten, grey with green plastic eyes. It's neck was decorated with a blue ribbon, a small bell clasped and sew securely onto the plush.

"Woah" Aina gaped.

"I said I would get you another. Its not similar to the one you lost but-"

A warm body pressed against you and small arms wrapped around your waists. Your eyes widened in surprise.

"I love it! Thank you so much!" She smiled up at you innocently.

Your body immediately warmed and you had the want, more like need, to hug her back. So you did.

After a few minutes you broke the embrace and straightened your posture.

"I need to go now, but I hope you fully heal soon." You said, the warmth you felt seeping into your tone.

"I like you better when you smile! You're such a nice person!" The small girl giggled.

At that your small smile dropped and you looked away.

"Right. I'll remember that." You said before shutting the door and leaning against it.

"You're wrong. I'm a horrinle person. But I don't know how to change."