Chapter 1

A/N - Hi, so um this is the first story I've ever done and um yeah. Enjoy? Also p.s. - Alex has anxiety in chaotic situations and PTSD so that's why he's a bit shy and shit. It's fine you'll see.

Chapter 1
Alexander's POV

Starting at a new college is nerve wracking. Like, Jesus Christ. I took a deep breathe and stepped into the lobby.
"Hello young man. Can I help you." A women
behind a computer beckoned me over. I walked over and greeted her. She seemed a little annoyed by my arrival. Like I had interrupted something very important.
"Yes, um, I just enrolled here and I-" my hands started fidgeting. Oh no. I thought. Not anxiety, not now. I quickly shoved my hands in my pockets.
"What's your name, son." The lady looked more annoyed now. I hated it when people called me son.
"Alexander Hamilton." I stuttered. The lady spun around in her chair and rifled through her filing cabinet. She paused and pulled out a manila folder.
"Here ya go, son." Again with the son. "All of your classes and your room key are in here. Your room number is 1776. Have a nice day." The last part sounded forced, but no matter. I put on a smile and gathered the folder.
"Thank you, miss..." I read the name tag pinned to her shirt. "Franklin."
"Oh one more thing. You have been assigned a guide for the first few weeks. She'll help you get to your classes and your dorm." She gestured towards the front entry way where a girl my age stood.
She wore a flowing, blue, spaghetti strap sundress that fell just before her knee. Her dark brown hair was tied up in a neat high pony tail. She smiled sweetly and beckoned me over.
"Hello, Alexander. I'm Eliza and welcome to Kings College." She finished, looking rather proud of herself.
"Eliza. That's a pretty name for a pretty girl." I smirked, leaning a little closer to her. She chuckled and put her hand to my chest.
"I've got a girlfriend." She smirked, pushing me away.
"Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't realize-" I started but she cut me off.
"It's ok. There was no possible way you could've know." She smiled sweetly again. "Thanks for the compliment thought." She pushes the door open. "Shall we." I followed her out.
She lead me towards the dorms and we talked a lot. Mostly about her, I wasn't gonna tell someone I had just met all about my family.
We stepped into the elevator and she asked what my room number was.
"Uhhhh...1776." I read the tag on the key.
"Awwww, you'll love your roommate. Don't worry." She gushed, pressing the 3 floor button.
We stepped out of the elevator and walked down the hall. Eliza pressed an ear to the door of another dorm number 1781.
"Um... what are you doing?" I asked.
"Uh oh. Let's just hope they're not..." she trailed off for a moment. "Busy" she finished. This did not make me feel comfortable.
She put her hand on my chest once more, stopping me before the door. She put an ear to the door. She paused a moment. Then knocked happily on the door.
"Coming!" I heard from behind the door.