Chapter 41

A/N - HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE

—————————————————————
Chapter 41
John's POV

   "So what about your scars Alex?" Peggy asked. Alex stiffened, he removed his towel revealing his scars.
   "When I was 17 a-" I cut him off.
   "You don't have to do this."
   "Better for them to find out this way then by Jefferson or something." I nodded and grabbed his hand. "When I was 17 a hurricane destroyed my town. My house collapsed on top of me and I was trapped for days. When the house collapsed a beam fell and was slowly crushing me, several splinters and pieces of shrapnel lodged in my chest. That's the little ones." He pointed to a small scar. The sisters looked mortified. "When I was res-" His voice faltered.
    "Alex it's ok." I wrapped him in a hug.
   "J-John, could you f-finish." I took a deep breath.
   "When He was recused they took him straight into surgery, his left lung had collapsed." I pushed Alex away a little and pointed at the long scar across the left side of his chest.
    "Alex, oh my god, I'm so-" Eliza began and stopped when Alex put his hand up.
   "It's fine, please don't say you're sorry." His voice was small but pleading. Alex stood and made his way back toward the water. Worried, I followed him. He sat down at the edge of the water and began to cry. I draped my towel over his shoulders and he looked up in surprise.
   "John?"
   "Hm?" I plopped down next to him on the sand. He rested his head on my shoulder.
   "Never leave me, please."
   "Wouldn't dream of it." I rested my head on his. We stayed like that for a few minutes. I looked up and down the beach, I saw small movement a few yards away. NO WAY!!!
   "ALEX! LOOK!" I jumped up and dashed over, Alex on my heels. I came to a stop next to a turtle's nest, the eggs had just hatched. I dropped to my knees and helped a baby turtle crawl out of the hole. I followed him to the ocean, I looked back and Alex had his head leaned to the side looking at me.
   "What?"
   "You're so cute." I turned a little red and watched as more turtles crawled toward the sea. I walked out into the surf and turtles swam at my feet. "John, please be careful!" Alex called. I beckoned him over and he slowly made his way over. He stood at the edge of the water, I turned and held out my hand. He took it and I guided him into the surf. He leaned against me and rested his head on my shoulder. We stayed like that holding hands in the moonlight, watching the waves come in for a long while. The sisters called to us and told us it was time to leave.
   "Herc and Laf are at your dorm, John." Angelica informed me, I nodded and we said our goodbyes. Alex called shotgun and tossed me the keys. After awhile of driving I noticed Alex was asleep.
   "Alex, god, I wish I could save you." Tears started to roll down my face. "Wish I could take all this pain away from you. I wish I could take everything that ever happened to you away. You don't deserve any of this." I sobbed. I felt a hand on my arm, I looked over to see Alex. Tears streamed down his face, after a moment he rested his head against the window. We pulled into the parking lot and made our way to his dorm. Once inside Alex fell onto his bed.
   "Hey, Alex?"
   "Hm?"
   "How much of that did you hear?" I asked sheepishly. Alex sat up.
   "All of it."
   "O-Oh." I stuttered. Alex laid back down. "What are you doing."
   "Trying to go to sleep, join me." He pleaded.
   "Nuh uh. No way, you need a shower. C'mon" I pulled Alex off the bed and into the bathroom. I turned on the water and Alex began to take off his swim trunks. "Woah woah woah, what are you doing?!" Alex stopped and I turned bright red.
   "Getting ready to take a shower." He answered.
   "D-don't. I mean, uhhhhhh." Alex shook his head.
   "Just turn around." I nodded and turned around, I heard Alex climb in the tub. His trunks hit the back of my head and without thinking I turned around.
   "Hey, what gives?!" I didn't see anything but I still freaked out and whipped back around. Alex yawned, I turned around and approached the bath tub. I sat down next to it and Alex rested his head on my shoulder. "You're hella tired so how about this. I'll wash your hair and you wash the rest." Alex nodded. "Get your hair wet." I shut my eyes tight, I heard a lot of movement then it stopped and Alex tapped my shoulder. I opened my eyes and Alex's hair was soaking wet. I got my hands wet and pour soap into them. I ran my hands through Alex's hair until it was almost completely white.
   "Hm.~"
   "What are you doing?" I chuckled.
   "Enjoying this.~" he sighed.
   "Shut up!" I laughed, turning red. He turned and pulled me over the side of the tub, he pecked me on the lips. He smiled and in one swift motion pulled me in with him.
   "Alex!" I yelped, trying not to touch and/or see anything. Alex grabbed a hold of my now wet shirt and pecked me on the lips again.
   "You're cute when you're flustered.~" he smiled.
   "I-I uh t-that's nice A-Alex. I'd like to m-move now." I stuttered, he released my shirt and I stumbled my way out of the tub. "R-rinse your hair." I closed my eyes and covered my face with my hands. Mental note - Alex as no filter when he's tired as fuck.
   "I'm gonna get out now."
   "O-ok." I kept my eyes closed.
   "Hey, John?"
   "Hm?"
   "I need a towel, babe."
   "Oh, y-yeah." I stumbled to my feet and felt my way to the closet. I open the door and felt around for a towel, I grabbed it and held it out.
   "Closer, John." I took a step forward. "Three steps forward, love." He chuckled, I took 2 steps forward and as I took the third Alex's voice rang through the air. "John, Wall!" I smacked into the wall and Alex began to laugh. I felt the towel leave my hand and after a moment a pair of arms wrapped around waist. The arms pulled me closer and I opened my eyes to see Alex leaning up for a kiss. Our lips made contact and Alex backed away.
   "Now you need a shower. Salty." He smiled I nodded and he headed out.