Chapter 57

A/N - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAD GAY SON (Ik I'm a day late)

—————————————————————
Chapter 57
John's POV

   Alex stirred and opened his eyes. He squinted at the amount of light in the room. He sat up quickly.
   "James! Where's James?" He sunk back into his pillows sobbing.
   "Hey, Alex, it's ok." He must've had a nightmare about the hurricane. It was my understanding that James was Alex's older brother who had died in the hurricane.
   "He's dead." He sobbed. "You're dead, everyone's dead." I wrapped him in a hug and he buried his face in the crook of my neck. "Everybody's dead." He sobbed into my neck and grabbed fistfuls of my shirt.
   "Lex, what happened." I asked and he pushed away.
   "I-I was studying and Jefferson came up and  he told to come with him and his tone sounded scary so I did and he took me to the pool house and he got pissed and started advancing on me and he kept telling me how he was number one before I got here and then he-" his choked on his words and I ran a hand through his hair. "Then he pushed me." He finished.
   "Oh, Lex." I wrapped him in a hug once more.
   "Why can't I die?" Alex asked weakly and I squeezed him tight.
   "Because if you were gone who would I give kisses? Who would I give hugs? Who would stop me from getting in fights? Who would stop me from actually murdering Jeffershit?" I pushed Alex away and pecked him on the forehead. "Who would give me a reason to live?" Tears started to stream from my eyes and Alex wiped them away.
   "This is the third time I've survived some freak accident or some shit. I just wanna die!" He sunk into his pillows and tears streamed down both our faces.
   "So do I." I muttered and laid down next to him.
   "Let's make a pact." Alex suggested. "Neither of us can kill ourselves. Deal?" Alex held out his hand and I hesitated a moment. I just want it to end. All the pain, all the suffering. All the hate and loneliness. Maybe Alex could take that away, maybe he could make it better. Maybe he actually loves me. Maybe we could be happy.
   "Deal." We shook hands and I heard a knock at the door. I turned to see who it was and it was none other than Thomas motherfucking Jefferson. "If you're here to try and kill my boyfriend again I will murder you." Alex caught wind of my tone and took my hand, squeezing it.
   "I'm not here to hurt him, I just wanna apologize." Jefferson put his hands up in defense and took a step forward.
   "Fine."
   "Alone." Jeffershit gestured to the door behind him.
   "Like hell I'll leave him." I snapped, Alex used his thumb and forefinger to move my head. I made strong eyes contact, begging him not to tell me to leave.
   "I'll be fine John." He turned his attention to Thomas. "With a press of a button I can have the entire nursing staff in this room like that-" he snapped his fingers to emphasize his point. Jefferson nodded and I reluctantly slid out of the bed. Once outside Thomas shut the door and I leaned against the wall next to it. I lost myself in my thoughts and I leaned my head against the wall. Few moments later a loud, steady sound pierced my thoughts, the sound of Alex's heart monitor. Jefferson threw the door open.
   "NURSE! SOMEONE HELP!" Doctors and nurses flooded his room and I screamed Alex's name.
   "ALEX, ALEX, NO WE MADE A PACT YOU CAN'T DIE!" I screamed and tried to push my way through some nurses. A strong pair of arms pulled me back and restrained me until I fell limp to the floor. I curled up into a ball on the floor and sobbed into my hands.
   "1..2..3 clear!" I heard from Alex's room, it only made me sob more.