Chapter 55

A/N - WE HAD OUR FIRST COMPETITION AND WE GOT FIRST PLACE AND BEST GUARD!!! LINE FORM COLOR MY DUDES

—————————————————————
Chapter 55
John's POV

   "Huh?" I heard my phone buzz and I saw Alex's screen name flash in the screen. I was surprised, he said he was going to be at the library and to not text him. And also that he is very sorry and he loves me! What? That's not the point. But I put my sketch pad away nonetheless.

I'mRunningOutOfTime⏳🖋📜
Pool house now! Jefferson=scary!!!

TwoPintsOfSamAdams🍻🍺🍻
Lex?! What's wrong?!
                         Read 14:23

   I threw on my shoes and dashed out the door. I ran all the way to the pool house and called Laf on the way.
   "STOP FUCKING EACH OTHER SENSELESS AND GET DOWN TO THE POOL HOUSE, ALEX IS IN TROUBLE!" I screamed into the phone.
   "Ok, mon ami, calm dow-" I hung up before Laf could finish and sped up. I threw the doors open and I didn't see anyone. As I approached the pool I saw a figure floating limp at the bottom of the pool.
   "ALEX!" I screamed and dove into the pool. I swam to the bottom and laced my arms around his waist, pulling him up. I broke the surface and gasped for air. "Alex? Lex, god, please wake up!" Laf and Herc stood at the edge of the pool and helped me pull Alex out of the water. Laf carefully laid Alex down on the concrete.
   "Do you have anything for his head, mon ami." I quickly pulled my now soaking wet hoodie off and placed it under Alex's head. "CPR?" Laf asked, looking hopefully at all of us. Herc pointed to his phone and I nodded. I began to perform CPR, 30 pumps and 2 breaths. After three rounds of this the paramedics arrived.
   "You can finish your breaths and we'll take over." One informed me and I finished my breaths. Alex spit up water in my mouth but I didn't fucking care. He was breathing and that was all I needed.
   "Alex, oh thank god!" The paramedics dragged me off of him and loaded him onto a stretcher. "I love you!" I called.
   "Love yo-" Alex tried before he passed out cold, I felt a lump catch in my throat and I pushed it back.
   "C'mon, let's get you some dry clothes and we'll take you to the hospital." I nodded and Herc lead me out of the pool house. I insisted that we stop by Alex's dorm cause I wanted his hoodie and I have pants there anyway. I bolted into the hospital lobby.
   "Alexander Hamilton?!" I yelled at the front desk lady.
   "John Laurens?" She asked bored and I nodded vigorously. "Right this way." She huffed, getting up from her seat and leading me down the hall. "He refuses to let anyone touch him and he keeps asking for you." She explained, pushing open the door. Alex lay withering in bed, pushing doctors and nurses away.
   "Please, sir, you need to let us help you." The doctor explained.
   "N-no! Get away!" Alex croaked, pushing them away once more.
   "Lex!" Alex's neck snapped in my direction.
   "John!" His voice was very raspy and quiet.
   "Lexi, you need to let them do what they need to, babe." I explained, Alex's eyes widened and he stiffened.
   "W-will you stay?" He asked, the doctor sighed and nodded.
   "Oh course, Lexi." I smiled and closed the door, leaning in the corner. The doctors began to advance on Alex and he began to resist again. The doctor became impatient.
   "John is it?" I nodded. "Will you come over here and keep him steady because if I don't get an IV in his arm soon he's gonna go into a coma!" The doctor huffed and I rushed over, taking Alex's hand in mine.
   "Let him, please. I don't need you in a coma right now, babe." Alex nodded, tears began to drip down his face and I let the tears I didn't know I had fall. Alex flinched as the nurses put the IV in his arm and he tried to get away when another tried to put an oxygen mask over his face. He whimpered as the nurses and doctors checked his vitals.
   "N-no, Johnny h-help." He whimpered, making me tear up at the nickname.
   "Let them, just let them Lexi." I pleaded, Alex whimpered once more and soon the doctor and nurses were done with their business. They scurried out of the room and Alex began to cry.
   "I-I can't do this." He sobbed.
   "Hey, hey, it's alright. I'm here." I ran my fingers through his hair and he leaned into my hand.
   "Please, don't ever leave me." He sobbed desperately and clawed at his face and body. I wrapped him in a light hug.
   "I wouldn't dream of it." He sobbed into my shoulder and I carefully crawled into the bed next to him. "Don't mess with your IV, Lexi." Alex moaned in protest and I took his hand in mine. I placed kisses all over his hand and Alex giggles weakly.
   "Hdhrjdjxbdbdhhd" he moaned.
   "What?" I laughed.
   "I said I couldn't live without you." He choked out.
   "I love you." I cooed, Alex snuggled up against me.
   "Don't cut yourself because I'm in a hospital bed." He mumbled. "I tried it and if you do your boyfriend will became a fat ass hypocrite." He looked up and smiled at me and I almost lost it.
   "You're so beautiful." I cooed and Alex snuggled into my side once more. "Stop with the IV."
   "Fuck you." He muttered and I took his hand again to keep him from playing with it.
   "What time?"
   "I swear to God, John!" He laughed.