Chapter 27

A/N - to the person who blew up my phone during Guard Thanks I appreciate it enjoy y'all

—————————————————————
Chapter 27
John's POV

   "No they weren't, I guarantee you." I looked down. The real reason : I drew you. God if only you knew how much I- "what's wrong?" His voice pierced my thoughts.
   "Nothing, just- how can you be so sure?" I turned to look at him.
   "Cause I look at these and these are great." He assured me. "You're great." He muttered, digging his foot into the carpet.
   "What?" I felt my face turn red and I tried so hard to act like I didn't hear him. There's no way, he's just pitying me. I pulled Teak out of her cage and turned to hand her to Alex. The second he saw her his face lit up, he rushed forward and sat on the bed. He set her in his lap and watched Teak with the excitement of a 5 year old who was getting candy.
   "Hey I've gotta get some homework done, but you can chill here and keep an eye on Teak." I shoved my hands in my pockets. "But it's ok if you don't wanna hang out with me."
   "Are you kidding, I love hanging with you!" He looked at me like I was insane for saying that. "I've lost so much and I've gained so much by having you as a friend." He smiled a sad smile. My breath hitched.
   "R-really. I thought you'd hate me because-" I stopped.
   "Because what?" Alex pressed.
   "Because I'm annoying and I get in fights. And you had to fix me up and-" tears threaten to fall. Alex picked Teak up and set her carefully on the bed. He jumped up, rushed over and wrapped me in a tight hug.
   "You are NOT annoying. And I'll fix you up any day of the week if need be." I was sobbing into his shirt now, we sunk to the floor and I cried mercilessly into his shirt. He started to run his hand through my hair which calmed me down a bit.
   "O s-shit. You can have your shirt back." I sniffed and pushed away. I began to pull the sweater off, Alex put a hand on mine.
   "Hang on to it for a bit, you can give it to me tomorrow." He suggested, I nodded and dropped it.
   "D-don't tell anyone, please." I stammered, wiping tears away with the back of the sweater.
   "Tell anyone about what?" He asked, pulling my hands away from my face.
   "What just happened." I gestured to to the room.
   "Sure. And don't tell anyone about the hurricane." We nodded our heads in agreement. I got up and rummaged through my drawers.
   "Here, it's only fair." I pulled an oversized, light blue sweater out of the drawer.
   "What, no."
   "Yes."
   "No"
   "Please?" I made puppy dog eyes and pouted.
   "Ugh, fine."
   "Ha!" I threw him the sweater. He huffed and paused from a moment. Slowly he picked up the edge of his shirt and pulled it off. SWOON!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT HE'S HOT AS FUCK. I GONNA DROP DEAD. HE'S SO HOT, DAMN LOOK AT THOSE ABS! I'M GONNA MELT. My face was bright red, I looked a little closer to find several small scars.
   "Hey Alex?" He paused with one arm in one hole and no arm in the other. "What are those from?" Alex turned bright red, I sat down next to him and he tried to hide the scars. I pulled the sweater away to see several scars littering the upper part of Alex's chest and one single, long, thin one across the left side of his chest. Alex looked away and I realized how this looked but I didn't care. I lifted my self off the ground and straddled Alex. He looked up at me and we made hard eye contact for a moment before he answered.
   "When the h-house collapsed a beam fell and nailed me to the ground. Several splinters and shrapnel i-imbedded themselves in my chest." That explained the small ones, took Alex's hand in mine and traced the thin one with my free hand.
   "And this one?" Alex flinched a little but complied.
   "I was stranded for days, unable to move. The weight of the beam was slowly crushing me causing one of my lungs to collapse. When I was pulled from the wreckage they immediately took me into surgery." I removed my hand from his chest and place my thumb and forefinger under his chin, lifting his head so he would meet my eyes.
   "Well I think all your flaws are beautiful." We both blushed and looked away.
   "T-thanks." He muttered. Both of ours phone went of and reluctantly I slid off Alex's lap.

INeedNoIntro💥⭐️💥
Hey, you guys hungry?

   I looked at Alex expectantly and he nodded.

TwoPintsOfSamAdams🍻🍺🍻
Always and forever!!!

I'mRunningOutOfTime⏳🖋📜
Hell yeah!!!

INeedNoIntro💥⭐️💥
50's diner 30 min

TwoPintsOfSamAdams🍻🍺🍻
Were on the way

TwoPintsOfSamAdams🍻🍺🍻
Did you guys have fun

FrenchiestFry🍟🥐🥖
Stfu bitch and just get to the damn diner

   Alex and I burst into a fit of laugher. After a minute or so we pushed ourselves off the floor and out the door. We piled into Alex's car and sped off to the diner. We sang along to Be More Chill and Heathers, I saw that the clouds were kind of dark so I check my weather app. There was a 90% chance of thunderstorms, I brushed it off and joined Alex in singing Halloween from Be More Chill.
   "Hey guys!" Laf called from our usual table. Alex and I took our seats and ordered.
   "I'll have the grilled cheese with fried, please." The waitress nodded and took our menus.
   "Seriously."
   "What?"
   "You always order the grilled cheese." I laughed.
   "What can I say? It's exquisite." Alex winked and held up the ok sign, I laughed. That's exactly what I had done when I suggested it to him. We ate and talked awhile, soon it was dark and we made our way home. Alex walked me to my dorm, we said our good byes and he made his way to his dorm.