Chapter 61

—————————————————————
Chapter 61
Alexander's POV

   "I got to see your ass so it's only fair that you see mine.~" I grinned cheekily, John turned bright red and began stuttering.
   "A-Alex, I d-don't- T-that was an a-accident." He managed, his face was now a bright red.
   "Oh my god, calm down! You just might explode, I was joking!" I gushed and cupped his face with my hands, his face was white hot. He freckles seemed to disappear under the cherry red shade that decimated his features. I leaned forward and pressed the oxygen mask against his forehead, when I pulled back John was even redder.
   "Oh my god!" He muttered.
   "What?" I was slightly concerned now.
   "I love you. I love you so much, Alexander Hamilton." He gushed and wrapped me in a careful hug.
   "I love you, too John Laurens." I smiled and he pulled away. I started to pick and pull at the IV in my arm.
   "Stop it!" John took my hand in his and pecked it. I moaned in protest but complied. I snuggled close to John and he ran a hand though my hair.
   "Hey, mon ami!" Laf's smile seemed to brighten the room. He enter along with Herc and Thomas. Jefferson leaned in the corner and crossed his arms, trying not to be seen. John noticed him right away and glared.
   "Hey Thomas! Why don't you take a seat over here." I pointed to a chair by the bed and John growled. Thomas looked taken aback but moved across the room and took a seat. John looked none to happy and pulled me closer to him as if to assert dominance. Thomas looked down and away from John.
   "Doctors finally let us visit." Herc interjected John's dominance and we looked over. "They said you kept resisting them, why?" Herc asked slowly.
   "He was delirious and didn't know what he was doing." John answered quickly and I sucked in a breath. They'll find out sooner or later.
   "John, it's ok." I opened my mouth to continue and John stopped me.
   "Alex, you don't have to." Laf and Herc looked at me puzzled and Thomas just shifted uncomfortably in his seat.
   "Yes I do, Jacky." John pulled me close to him and I began to tell the treacherous tale that was my life. "My entire life I have been followed by death." The gang looked at me questioningly and I pressed on. "When I was nine my father walked out on my mom, brother, and I."
   "Oh." I heard from somewhere in the room.
   "When I was 13 my mother and I fell fatally ill. She died right next to me, I saw the light fade from her eyes and her body go completely limp." Tears started to form in my eyes.
   "Oh my god." Laf muttered.
   "When I was 17 a hurricane attacked my town. The roof fell on top of my brother and a beam pinned me to the floor." Tears started to fall and John held my close, rocking us back and forth. "The rest of the house collapsed on my brother and crushed him to death. I was pulled from the wreckage days later and taken straight to the ER." I pushed away from John. "Several pieces of shrapnel and splinters had embedded in my chest and my left lung collapsed. John a little help?" John helped me cover my bottom half and pull up the hospital gown to reveal my scars. Laf's breath hitched.
   "That's why you change in the bathroom." I nodded."Mon ami, I'm sorry I got mad at you for that." Tears dripped down his face and he stepped closer to the bed. John helped me put the gown back and made sure nothing was showing.
   "Hamilton, I'm sorry I called you orphan. I didn't know the whole story." Jefferson spoke up and John pulled me close to him once more. I pushed away.
   "Call me Alex." I smiled and held out my hand. Jefferson took it and I pulled him into a hug. I heard John grunt in disapproval and Jefferson pulled away.
   "I don't think your boyfriend approves." Thomas pointed out. I looked back at John, he sat with his arms crossed, looking in the opposite direction. I quickly pulled my oxygen mask off my face and spun John around. Our lips smashed together and John tried to pull away. I held him in place and deepened the kiss, John returned. After a moment we broke away and I huffed and puffed. John fumbled with the oxygen mask and put back in its place. I regained the ability to breathe and John sighed with relief.
   "Don't ever so that again." He muttered.
   "Hypocrite."
   "Fuck you."
   "Sure thing.~" I smirked, leaning closer to him, John turned a bright cherry red.
   "Dammit, Lexi!" He covered his face with his hands. I giggled and leaned against him.
   "So, how did you get into Kings College?" Herc asked.
   "I wrote a letter detailing the damage to my father. Yes, I tried my best to keep in touch with him but he never answered so I don't know if he even saw them. The letter got published in the local paper some how and the town raised enough money to send me here." I gestured around the room.