Chapter 58

—————————————————————
Chapter 58
Alexander's POV

"I'm sorry." I shifted uncomfortably, I felt a sharp pain in my chest and a squeezing feeling. "I was angry and my actions were not justified." My breathing began to labor and my heart monitor picked up. "I didn't know you couldn't swim and if you press charges I'll understand." All at once I felt really tired and dizzy. I closed my eyes and heard a voice.
"Alex?" I opened my eyes and saw my mother. "Hey, baby. Wake up, James is waiting upstairs. He wants to show you something." She smiled.
"James? Wait but- you're dead. You're both dead." My mother shook her head.
"You must've had a bad dream." I heard the door open.
"Rachel, James is getting impatient up there." My father muttered from the door.
"We'll be right there, James."
"Which one?" My dad smirked.
"Shut up!" Rachel laughed and threw a pillow at the older of the James. I sat up and Rachel guided me to the stairs.
"ALEX!"
"What was that?"
"Nothing." Rachel replied quickly.
"But-"
"Never mind that, we've been waiting so long for you to join us." She smiled sweetly.
"'Join us'?" I asked pausing on the first step, my mother seemed to push me.
"Yes, join us upstairs."
"ALEX!"
"What was that?" I stopped on the 5th step, half way there.
"Nothing Alex!" James chimes from the top of the stairs. I held up a hand to cover the bright light shining in my eyes.
"Call it."
"What was that?"
"Nothing at all dear." Rachel started to push freely on my and I stopped at the door. James smiled and tried to grabbed my hand.
"ALEX, NO COME BACK. PLEASE YOU CAN'T DIE."
"Die?"
"Come with us Alex." James missed my arm.
"ALEX PLEASE NO!"
"Wait! I know that voice." I looked around at my family with terror. "None of you are real!" I pushed my mother away and tried to run down the stairs. I ran smack into my dad, I dove over the rail before he could grab me and my eyes shot open. I took in the bright light and I heard a dull voice. Hands flew at me and I swatted them away. I saw a figure dart into the room and take my hand, I didn't resist. My vision focused and I saw an agonized John.
"Lexi, please! You'll die again if you don't let them." He begged.