Chapter 39

—————————————————————
Chapter 39
John's POV

   I came to a halt at door 1789, Alex pulled my arm and I turned around. He shook his head no and I shook my head yes. I knocked on the door.
   "Yes?" The door swung open to reveal a short man, about Alex's height. He turned and sneezed. "Sorry."
   "Does Thomas Jefferson live here?"
   "Yes, oh are you the guys he was fucking around with this morning. Sorry about him he's.......forward, please come in." He moved so we could enter.
   "Oh, no we just wanna talk to him." I shook my head.
   "He's on his bed and refuses to get up." He gestured in the room.
   "Ugh, fine." I grabbed Alex's hand and dragged him into the room.
   "I'm James Madison by the way."
   "John Laurens."
   "So that must be the famous Alexander Hamilton, then huh?" James smiled. Alex squeezed my hand. James looked down at our hands and smiled. He seems nice. "Tommy, we have guests." James sauntered over to Jefferson's bed and climbed on top of him. Jefferson pulled his earbuds out and set his book down.
   "Can I help you, Jammi?" He smiled, leaning forward. James used his thumb and forefinger to turn Jefferson's head. Jefferson's eyes grew wide and I waved. "Madison, what the fuck! Get off!" James laughed and jumped off the bed. Jefferson jumped out of the bed and tried to grab James. James ran around and hid behind me giggling. I moved out of the way and Jefferson waved his hand in dismissal.
   "What the hell do you want and why are you in my dorm?"
   "We wanna know what the hell your problem is." Stuffed my hands in my pockets. "I tried to get into my dorm and you attacked Alex."
   "Last time I checked your boyfriend threw the first punch."
   "You provoked him!"
   "Yeah and he deserved what I said!" James stepped in front of me.
   "Hold on, Tommy what did you say?"
   "Nothing, Jammi."
   "He told Alex he deserved to loose everyone he ever loved, including me." I heard Alex's breath hitch and he squeezed my hand.
   "Thomas! Apologize, right now!" James pointed at us and Jefferson huffed.
   "No."
   "Ok, then bye." James turned to walk out and Jefferson grabbed his wrist.
   "Jammi, wait!" Jefferson spun James around and kissed him on the lips, James returned the kiss. "I'm sorry." He muttered.
   "Yeah, whatever. I know you don't mean it, you just keep your boyfriend. C'mon Alex." I dragged Alex out of the room and down the hall.
   "What was to point of that?" Alex asked once we were back in his dorm.
   "Well, I was hoping we could get some dirt on him. But all got was 'Jammi'" I fell onto his bed face down. I felt the bed dip and a hand run through my hair. I sat up and crawled into Alex's lap. I leaned up for a kiss but Alex stopped me.
   "John, wait."
   "Nuh uh, I need you right now." I muttered, moving Alex's hand from my mouth. I kissed Alex and he didn't kiss me back, which kinda hurt but he's dealing with stuff. "What's wrong, babe?" Alex shrugged.
   "If this is about what Jeffershit said then Imma rip him a new one." I growled, Alex laughed a little. "C'mon, where's that smile I fell in love with?" I poked the corner of his mouth.
   "Dead." He replied, I sat back.
   "Imma kill him." I started to stand up but Alex pulled me back.
   "John, no." I fell back onto the bed next to Alex. I reached up and Alex moved his head away. I huffed and let my hand drop.
   "What's going on in that beautiful brain of yours?" I asked quietly.
   "John? Why can't I just end it?" I jumped up.
   "ALEX NO!" Tears started to form in my eyes.
   "You'll be better off without me." A single tear ran down his face, I reached over to wipe it away and he moved again.
   "No I won't. I won't be better off without you. If you were gone who would I give kisses to, who would stop me from getting into fights?Who would keep me sane?" Alex shrugged. "I love you, Alex." I crawled forward slowly and climbed into his lap. I snuggled up against him and blinked back my tears. I need to stay strong for him.
   "John, I'm trying not to hurt you." He murmured, I sat up.
   "You're hurting me by trying not to hurt me." Tears streamed down my face now. "Alex what are you afraid of?"
   "The universe has made it clear I am not meant to be loved. I don't want you to leave or die. I don't know what I'd do if you died." He sobbed, grabbed a fistful of his shirt and pulled him forward. Our lips met and he kissed me back this time. I broke away smiling.
    "I love you, John Laurens." I nodded.
    "Good, now don't resist." I leaned in and kissed him once more, he returned the kiss. After a moment my phone went off. "FOR FUCK SAKE, LET MY LOVE MY BOYFRIEND!"  Alex giggled.
   "Case and point."
   "Shut up." I poked Alex on the nose and he giggled again.

IWantARevalation✌🏻🌸❤️
Ay, you guys wanna head to the beach?????? Herc and Laf can't make it tho

LookAroundLookAround🌏💎💙
We'll definitely have food!!!!

AndPeggy🎬🌼💛
Your favorite John!!!!!

   I looked at Alex with a smile, begging him to say yes.
   "Fine, but I'm not going anywhere near the water." I bounced up and down.

I'mRunningOutOfTime⏳🖋📜
Sure

TwoPintsOfSamAdams🍻🍺🍻
ON THE WAY PEGGY U BETTER NOT BE LYING OR ILL DROWN U

   Alex chuckled and changed into some swim trunks. We stopped by my dorm and I changed into my swim trunks.
   We arrived at the beach and I hopped out. I bounced up and down the entire time Alex was trying to get me to put sun screen on.
   "If you burn I can't give you hugs. Oh my god stand still!" He laughed, when he finished I headed straight for the water.
   "Alex, at least come sit near the water." I called. I heard Angelica laugh. Alex huffed and Eliza said something to him. He took a deep breath and headed my way. He slowly made his way near the water, he sat down a ways away from the water.
   "Hey Alex?" I made my way toward him in the water. I crawled up on the sand and sat down next to him.
   "Hm?"
   "Do you know how to swim?"
   "No."
   "Oh." I crawled back into the water and I heard him draw in a breath.
   "Can you teach me?" He asked sheepishly.
   "Wait really!" He nodded. "Yeah!" I jumped up and stood next to him. "First things first, ya gotta get in the water." I held his hand. Angelica appeared next to me.
    "Alex if you're gonna get in the water, you might wanna take off your shirt. The salt water might ruin it." Alex looked at me and I nodded.
   "She's right, Lex." Alex looked at me.
   "Lex?" I nodded. "Alright, Jack." He smirked, I stuck my tongue out at him jokingly. He looked at Angelica for a moment and decided they'd find out sometime. He pulled his shirt over his head.
    "Holy shit, what are those from." Angelica took his shirt from him.
   "Nothing." Angelica looked at me and shrugged.
   "Ok, you don't gotta tell me. John's got a scar and I still don't know what it's from." She walked back up the beach to her sisters.
   "You ready?" I asked.