Chapter 54

A/N - IM DYING (not really tho)

   —————————————————————
Chapter 54
Alexander's POV

   SPLASH! I felt the freezing water on my back and it pulled me in. I thrashed and called for help. I saw Thomas dash out of the pool area and I went under. I thrashed some more as water started to fill my lungs. My eyes grew heavy and darkness flooded my vision.

   Rain lapped at the window and lightning struck. The hurricane warning sirens blared outside. James and I ran around frantically trying to fortify the house. We closed and locked all windows and doors.
   "Did you check the ones upstairs?" James called from the kitchen.
   "Yeah, I'll check 'em again though!" I dashed up the stairs and the lights began to flicker. I checked all the windows and closed all the curtains. I dashed down stairs and just had I reached the bottom floor I heard a crack.
   "ALEX GET TO THE BASEMENT!" James screamed, I saw him come around the corner and that's when it happened. The roof collapsed and I saw my brother go down.
   "JAMES?!" I heard a loud crack and I turned around to see a beam listing my way. I screamed and the beam crashed into me, pushing me to the floor
   "ALEX?! AH FUCK ALEX CAN YOU GET TO A PHONE?"
   "N-" I couldn't get enough oxygen to call back. James called my name and sobbed. I listened in agony as I heard the rest to house collapse. With one final scream my brother fell completely silent. I tried desperately to breathe and call for help, I heard neighbors yelling for any sign of life. My vision grew weary and I struggled to stay conscious.
   "Over here!" I heard a man yell. I mustered all my strength and called out.
   "H-help, please!"
   "What's your name,son?" The man asked.
   "Alexander Hamilton." My vision went black.
   I woke up in bright room, lights peered down at me and I heard a steady beep. I heard voices enter the room and I started to babbled incoherently.
   "J-James? Where...brother....house....gone-" I muttered, trying to sit up and I felt a pair of hands push me back into the bed.
   "You need to relax Mr. Hamilton, you're in the hospital." My vision focused and I was met with the kind eyes of a doctor.
   "M-my brother?" The doctor's face fell.
   "I'm sorry, we did all we could but we couldn't save him." The beeping increased and I realized it was my heart rate monitor.
   "No!" I sobbed, I wiped tears from my eyes and the doctor comforted me. After awhile my eyes grew tired of producing tears and I drifted off to sleep.