Chapter 31

A/N - I HAVE CAPTAIN AUDITIONS TODAY AND I WAS UP TIL FUCKING ONE A.M. also all of my friends r assholes see the picture at the top
—————————————————————
Chapter 31
John's POV

   My eyes fluttered open to find Alex tossing and turning on top off me. God I love him. I shook Alex away from his nightmare. He woke with a start.
   "YOU'RE ALIVE!" He screamed when he saw my face.
   "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" Alex looked down and used a finger to trace circles on my chest.
   "I had a nightmare that y-you died." He mumbled.
   "Oh, Alex." I wrapped him in a hug.
   "Do you still love me?" He asked, sounding ashamed.
   "What the hell do you mean still? I will always love you, Alexander Hamilton." Alex laid his head down on my chest, just staring at the wall. "What are you doing?" I chuckled after a moment.
   "Listening to your heart beat."
   "Ok, do you wanna talk about anything that happened last night?" I asked slowly.
   "Depends on what." I ran a hand through his hair as he listened to my heart beat.
   "Why are you so afraid of losing me?" Alex sat up.
   "Because everyone I've ever cared about has been taken from me. I couldn't bear that happen with you so I refused to let myself love you." He drew circles on the sheets.
   "Oh, can I listen to your heart beat?" Alex turned a little red but complied. He rolled sideways off of me and leaned against the wall. Flipped myself over on top of him and laid my head on his chest. I listened to the rhythmic thump of his heart and felt the rise and fall of his lungs. I thought about what he had told me about his lung collapsing but I pushed it away. Alex ran a hand through my hair.
   "Hey Alex?"
   "Hm?"
   "Can you hand me my phone?"
   "Sure" he handed my phone and I turned it on. I looked through my notifications.

Notifications

FrenchiestFry🍟🥐🥖
Five Minutes Ago

   I tapped on Laf's text, opening it.

FrenchiestFry🍟🥐🥖
Hey heading to breakfast at the diner care to join???

   "Oh shit!" I sat up and flipped off Alex.
   "John, what's wrong?" Alex asked from the bed.
   "Laf wants to meet for breakfast." I looked around. "Can I borrow a shirt?" I asked sheepishly. I felt a pair or arms wrap around my waist from behind.
   "Yeah, you can use my sweater." Alex removed his arms and dug through his drawers, pulling the light green sweater from the drawer.
   "In that case you can use my sweater then." I smirked. I took the sweater and slipped it over my head. Alex pulled my blue sweater off his desk and slipped it over his head.
   "I need pants." I muttered.
   "I've got sweat pants in the 3rd drawer and jeans in the 4th, don't break my shit." He laughed.
   "Haha" my laugh dripped with sarcasm. Alex laughed. Soon we were fully dressed and out the door.
   "Hey John, Alex." Herc smiled.
   "John wearing Alex's favorite sweater and Alex wearing John's favorite sweater, huh." My eyes grew wide.
   "Favorite sweater?!" We both questioned, we broke out into a fit of laughter and took our seats.
   "What do you recommend for breakfast." Alex asked consulting the menu.
   "Confetti pancakes." I didn't skip a beat. Alex closed his menu.
  "I guess I'll have that then."
   "Really?" Laf asked.
   "He's that passionate about it." Alex shrugged. "Besides, I take what I can get."
   We ordered and ate, chatting about various things. We got onto the topic of school and I had completely forgotten about my homework. I freaked out and Alex assured me he'd help me. This calmed me down a bit. I can't afford another missing assignment! Every once in awhile I'd sneak a longing glance at Alex but quickly look away when Laf would look at me questioningly.