Chapter 30

A/N - It's that chapter y'all

—————————————————————
Chapter 30
Alexander's POV

   CRACK! My father walked out and slammed the door behind him.
   CRACK! My mother's body lay dead right beside me.
   CRACK! The house rumbled and shook.
   CRACK! The house came down on top of me.
   CRACK! A beam cracked and fell, crushing me.
   CRACK! I heard the screams of my neighbors gawking at our destroyed house.
   CRACK! My brother screamed and wailed begging for help.
   CRACK! My brother's cries died out.
   CRACK! I entered my cousin's room to find him strung from the rafters by his neck.
   CRACK! John lay bleeding on the floor.
   I screamed and clawed at my body. LET THE PAIN GO AWAY PLEASE! Each time the lighting flashed my screams intensified. The door swung open and I screamed some more.
   "Alex...ALEX....ALEXANDER......Alexander, please!" John pleaded.
   "I-I c-can't, n-no s-stop." I clawed at my skin and pulled at my hair. John grabbed my hands and held them close. He wore only boxers and a panicked look. John's lifeless body flashed before my eyes, I screamed.
   "Hey, Hey, I'm here." He pleaded. Lightning crashed once more and I screamed in terror, ripping my hands from John's grasp. I ran my hands through my hair and my breathing began to quicken.
   "No, I-I can't l-loose anyone else." Lightning cracked outside. "I CAN'T LOOSE YOU TOO!" I screamed, backing away from John.
   "Alex please, you won't loose me." John advances and I moved farther away.
   "N-no, I'll loose everyone." I sobbed, John surged forward and wrapped me in a hug.
   "You'll never loose me." He assured me. Lightning cracked and I tried to push away from John.
   "HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE?!" I screamed, terrified as his lifeless body flashed before my eyes once more.
   "I'll never leave you, because-" Lightning cracked and I screamed, wrestling to get away from John. "Because I love you." I froze. He what?!
   "W-what?" Lightning cracked and I pushed myself away from John, screaming.
   "I love you, Alexander Hamilton."
   "I love you, too." I whispered, barley audible. Lighting cracked once more.
   "NO, I CAN'T. EVERYONE I LOVE ALWAYS ENDS UP DEAD. I CAN'T, I CAN'T!" I screamed,
pushing my self farther away from John.
   "I won't I promise. Hey, it's ok." I began to claw at my skin again, I swallowed hard. I can't! I started to sob and pull at my hair. In one split second John surged forward and our lips met. I hesitated for a moment but returned the kiss. Slowly my hands fell from my hair and into my lap. John's hands cupped my face and brushed the tears streaming down my face away. Lighting cracked outside and I broke away, leaving John's hands poised where my face was.
   "I CAN'T!" I screamed, sobbing once more. John reached forward and lifted my shirt. "W-what er you doin'" I sniffed.
   "Admiring your beautiful scars." He smiled, he pulled my shirt over my head and moved closer to me. I sat criss-cross-applesauce and he straddled me. He traced every scar on my chest. Every scar I was ashamed of. Every scar I wish I could remove.
   "They aren't beautiful." I used a finger to draw circles on the sheets.
   "Yes, they are. Each and everyone of these scars is a little piece that shapes the Alexander I love." He smiled, tracing the long, thin scar over my left lung. I felt my face get hot and I hoped it was too dark to notice. Lighting cracked and I tried to push John off of me. John held his position stead fast, he ran a hand through my hair. He slid off my lap and leaned against the wall. He pulled me forward so my head rested on his bare chest. Lighting cracked and I whimpered. John ran a hand through my hair, his free arm snaked across my now bare back.
   "Shhhhhh, I'll never leave you Alex."
   "I love you, John Laurens." I felt John's breath hitch and I drifted off to sleep.