Kenneka Jenkins

[OVERVIEW]

Kenneka Jenkins was a 19 year old student who tragically died in 2017 when she got trapped in a hotel freezer at the Crowne Plaza. When this first happened it was ruled an accidental death. They said Kenneka, who was drunk, stumbled around and ended up in the freezer and couldn't get out. To this day that remains the story.

But many don't believe this story and believe Kenneka was actually murdered.

Let's look at the evidence these theories give

[SEXUAL ASSAULT]

Kenneka was partying with friends on the ninth floor of the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center in Rosemont before she disappeared.

Hours later a FB video was found on a friends page and many believe you can hear Kenneka screaming help and believe you could see her in the reflection of someone's glasses getting sexually assaulted.

People at the party insist that no one did anything to Kenneka.

But people believe whoever was hurting Kenneka in the video killed her while she was in a drunken state. This could explain why her clothes were basically falling off. Her shirt was pulled up, her pants pulled down a bit and a shoe missing. I think in one photo one of her breasts were exposed. If you're in a freezer, even when drunk, you wouldn't rip your own clothes off of you in order to get warm. It just doesn't make sense.

[FRIENDS SET HER UP]

Many believe her friends had her set up to be raped or even kidnapped for sex trafficking in order to get money but whoever did it ended up killing her instead.

While Kenneka's mother does believe there was foul play she doesn't believe her daughters friends had anything to do with it and there isn't much proof to that claim anyway.

This one isn't widely believed but when it first happened people did believe this. Now, not so much.

[HOTEL EMPLOYEE]

A very popular theory is that someone from the hotel killed Kenneka, a fingers have been pointed to one of the janitors. Kenneka was found with pieces of trash bags beside her body and under her nails.

Another weird thing is the hotel refused to look at any video footage when the mother asked. They acted like it wasn't a big deal that this mother couldn't find her daughter.

The hotel said until the police get involved they wouldn't show her any video. People found this very suspicious.

[POLICE COVERING UP THE MURDER]

Some think the murder was covered up by the police and the hotel.

Many find it very odd that while some cameras worked, others didn't. They also believe it was altered before showed to the public.

Public demand for footage of Kenneka Jenkins before her death reached a climax after Chicago activist Andrew Holmes held a press conference claiming he saw footage of Kenneka physically walking into the freezer and not coming out.

"The important part of this we always wondered and wanted to know: Did anybody pull her down there, did anybody force her down there, was anybody on the other side in the room when she got down there, and the answer to that is no," Holmes said at the press conference.

Detectives released the footage to the public afterwards, but it didn't show Kenneka walking in the freezer like Holmes suggested. What the surveillance did show was Kenneka drunkenly stumbling around the halls of the hotel. The video ends with the intoxicated teen walking into a deserted kitchen area but not into the freezer, which added to theories that detectives were covering-up a murder.

[THOUGHTS]

Do you think Kenneka was murdered or do you think she stumbled into the freezer while drunk?

If you think she was killed do you think it was a friend at the party or a hotel employee?