Death of Tupac and Biggie part 2

Because the death of Tupac and Biggie happened just 6 months apart people automatically started assuming the two deaths were linked.

But not everyone thinks these two are related. In fact there are more theories about Tupac's murder than Biggies murder. So let's talk about some of the theories.

[ORLANDO ANDERSON - TUPAC]

The case was very slow in the investigation. In 2002 the LA Times published a two part story titled "Who Killed Tupac Shakur" by Chuck Phillips where he wrote the shooting of Tupac was carried out by an angry Crip gang member to avenge the beating of one of their members earlier that night by Tupac. Las Vegas police did interview Orlando but only once and very briefly.

Orlando is the most likely suspect for Tupac's murder and the one many believe did it. The odd thing about Orlando is he wasn't officially named a suspect for nearly a decade but at the time he was already dead.

[MICHAEL DURO - TUPAC]

Than there was Michael Duro who went by Hoot Hoot who was friends with Orlando. Orlando was murdered on May 29, 1998. On this day Michael confronted him and two other men at a car wash in Compton because Orlando and the other guys owed Michael money. This led into a confrontation which led to a gun being shot resulting in everyone's death except Michael's, he was the only survivor. Michael ended up getting convicted and had to serve a life sentence.

When investigators went to interview him in jail he said that Suge Knight hired crip gang members to kill Biggie.

The main reason the police were suspicious about this is that Suge Knight had no connecting to the Crips, he had connections to the Bloods. He wouldn't have paid a crip to do his bidding.

From there the police started monitoring Michaels calls and mail and during this time they discovered that Michael and his cousin were working on this huge plot. They were going to make a fake story of what happened and they basically hoped that it was believable enough that Michael would get rewarded by getting moved to a prison that was as secure.

[FBI - TUPAC]

Some people believe the FBI killed Tupac. The theory goes that the FBI were trying to lower the crime rate between the east coast gangs and the west coast gangs and killing Tupac was their way of doing it.

To me that doesn't make sense. I'm sure there is another FBI theory but this was the only one that I could find.

[SUGE KNIGHT & CORRUPT COPS - BIGGIE]

The lead investigator for Biggies case was a man named Stephen Katz. However Stephen didn't last very long on the case. He made huge mistakes which we will come back to later.

Biggies case than went to a detective named Russel Poole. Poole helped work on a book about Tupac and Biggie where he said he believed there were corrupt LA police officers working really closely to Death Row Records and there is actually proof to help back this up.

Poole stated that he believed Suge Knight was hiring police officers in order to kill people who got in his way, more specifically Biggie.

He named David Mack and Amir Muhammad as the ones who killed Biggie.

One of the biggest mistakes the first lead investigator made was not doing any type of test on David's impala, which of you remember the killers of Biggie were driving an impala. He did interview David but never checked his car. He never even questioned Amir.

Another thing is Stephen "forgot" to turn over 200 pages of documents when it came time for the case to be transferred to Poole.

Poole went to the rest of the police department to present his theory. That's when his supervisors shut him down. Eventually Poole was kicked off the case for even suggesting that David and Amir killed Biggie and that Stephen was covering it up.