Amy Lynn Bradley

[OVERVIEW]

For many, cruise ships tend to be a fun way to get away from their home lives but for some families, it becomes a nightmare,

Between the years 2000 and 2017 an estimated 49 people have disappeared while on cruises.

But the case we will be talking about happened before 2000.

[FAMILY CRUISE]

On March 21, 1998 when the 23 year old and her family went on a cruise with the Rhapsody of the Seas. Ron, Amy's father, won a cruise for him and his wife, but wanted to take their kids as well. So they bought two tickets themselves for Amy and her brother Brad. At first the cruise was running smoothly but that soon would change.

 At first the cruise was running smoothly but that soon would change

[DISAPPEARANCE]

In the early mornings of March 24, Amy and Brad went partying in the ships dance club. Amy was dancing with one of the ships bands, and seemed to get extremely close to the guitarist of the band. When the parents woke up at 3 in the morning, they realized their children were not in the room and Ron got his shoes and searched for them and brought them back to the room. The trio sat on the balcony for a while before Brad and Ron went to bed. Amy told them she was going to stay up on the balcony for a little while longer as she was feeling somewhat queasy. The fresh air on the balcony would do her some good, she thought. The last time her father saw her was at around 5:15AM; she was asleep on the deck chair on the balcony. There was a pack of cigarettes beside her and the sliding door was closed.

Ron awoke an hour later to find that his daughter was no longer on the balcony

Ron awoke an hour later to find that his daughter was no longer on the balcony. He noticed that the cigarettes were gone and the sliding door was open. None of Amy's shoes were missing leading Ron to assume that she had just gone out for a soft drink or snack from the vending machine. When she didn't return, Ron went on deck to search for Amy. When he couldn't find her, he became increasingly concerned and alerted the ship's officers. By the time it was discovered that Amy was missing, the ship had docked in the island of Curacao, just north of Venezuela. The Bradley family beseeched the officers not to open the gangways and let people disembark the ship before the entire ship had been searched. They theorised that if somebody was holding Amy hostage then they could easily smuggle her off the ship undetected. Despite the family's worries, the ship doors were opened and the officers told the Bradley family that they had searched thoroughly and found no sign of Amy.