Annabelle

[OVERVIEW]

Annabelle is probably one of their most known cases with now three movies behind the creepy doll

The doll in the movie is portrayed as a porcelain doll, but the real Annabelle doesn't actually look like that.

The real Annabelle doll is actually a Raggedy Ann doll

[BACKSTORY]

In 1970 a mother bought a Raggedy Ann Doll from an antique store and gave it to her 28 year old daughter, Donna. Donna was preparing to graduate college with a nursing degree. She was living with a roommate named Angie, who just like Donna was studying to be a nurse and loved the doll.

[THE MOVING DOLL]

Within days of receiving the doll Donna and Angie noticed something very strange. When they left and returned, the doll was in places they didn't put it. At first it was a simple position change but in the same spot. But then the doll would be in completely different rooms than when they left. Sometimes the doll would be found with legs crossed, arms folded, other times it would be found upright, standing on its feet. Several times Donna sometimes left the doll on the couch before leaving for work, and would return to find the doll back in her room on the bed- with the door closed.

[DOLL WRITING]

Not only would Annabelle change positions and rooms, but it would also write. About a month after getting the doll Donna and Angie began to find messages on parchment paper that read "Help Us" and "Help Lou". The hand writing as if written by a small child. Donna and Angie said they didn't even have parchment paper in their home.

[MEDUIM + ANNABELLE]

One night Donna came home to find the doll had moved again, this time it was on her bed. Donna had come to find that this was typical of the doll but some how she knew this time it was different, something wasn't right. A sense of fear came over her when she inspected the doll and saw what looked like blood drops on the back of its hands and its chest. Seemingly, from no where, a liquidy red substance had appeared on the doll. Scared and desperate Donna and Angie decide it was time to seek expert advice.