Star Wars

[OVERVIEW]

Star Wars has had many movies, shows and books created.

And if you like Star Wars I suggest subscribing to Star Wars Theory in YouTube. They have an awesome channel.

Anyway, onto the theories.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF ANY OF THESE HAVE BEEN PROVEN TRUE OR FALSE IN ANY CANON MATERIAL I AM SORRY. EVEN THOUGH I LIKE WATCHING THE MOVIES IM CONFUSED AS TO WHAT THE HELL IS EVEN HAPPENING HALF THE TIME.

[K2SO DOOMED HIS ENTIRE LINE OF DROIDS]

One of the breakout stars of Rogue One was K2SO,  the pleasant-yet-sinister droid voiced by Alan Tudyk. K2SO was formerly an Imperial droid, but was reprogrammed to serve the Rebellion. The ending of Rogue One, however, ensured that the Empire now had a pretty good idea of which type of droid played a role in the Rebellion's victory.

This would likely lead to the Empire shutting down production of that line of droids, due to their susceptibility to hacking. We never see any similar droids in the "later" films, which means K2SO probably doomed his droid line to obsolescence. You know, since Rogue One really needed to be sadder.

[FATHER / SON BATTLE]

This theory explains how Darth Vader was so easily overpowered by his then sort-of wimpy son, Luke, at the climax of Return of the Jedi.

Luke had recently learned that Leia was his sister, something that was obviously weighing on his mind as he battled Vader. It's hard to imagine that a powerful Force-user like Darth Vader wouldn't have picked up this thought from Luke, a revelation that had to hit him like a ton of bricks. Not only did Vader learn he had a daughter, he also would have realized that he had already tortured her and blew up her home planet. That would be enough to distract anyone, let alone Anakin Skywalker.

[STORM TROOPERS]

People love to laugh at Storm Troopers. For an elite military force from an evil, galaxy-spanning empire, the Storm Troopers are ridiculously incompetent. They go down easily, and they can't seem to hit anything on their way down. Their fancy, high-tech blasters might as well shoot glitter. Troopers are great at incinerating Luke's foster parents, but somehow fail to hit a single protagonist throughout the entire series.

Thankfully, Rogue One's Chirrut Imwe may have finally explained why this is. As explained by Reddit user u/drewgarr, Imwe makes a bold stand against an onslaught of blaster fire at the climax of the film, walking through it unharmed while chanting about the Force. He avoids getting hit until he accomplishes his goal, while his partner Baze Malbus gets shot pretty much immediately afterwards. Imwe was Force-sensitive, while Malbus was not.

Therefore, the Force may provide a shield of sorts that is particularly good at deflecting blaster bolts. This would explain why Storm Troopers can't seem to hit Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, and other Force-sensitive individuals throughout the series.

[OBI-WAN DID RECOGNIZE R2-D2 & C3PO]

If the in-film canon and Expanded Universe m of Star Wars have proven anything, it's that R2-D2 and C-3PO are around for basically every important event in the galaxy's history. That's what makes it so confusing when Obi-Wan appears to not recognize the droids when he encounters them in A New Hope. Or does he?

The crafty old Jedi responds to Luke saying R2 belongs to him with, "I don't seem to remember ever owning a droid," which is technically true, because Obi-Wan never did "own" R2 or C-3PO. Furthermore, Obi-Wan makes a comment that suggests he's more than aware of R2's impressive capabilities. Pointed out by Reddit user u/sjogerst, Obi-Wan casually mentions that R2-D2, "should be able to interpret the entire Imperial network," when he plugs him into the docking bay control room. That's an insane thing to assume about a random astromech droid if you had never met him before.