The Pixar Theory

[OVERVIEW]

The Pixar Theory is a theory that was created in 2013 that stated all Pixar movies existed in the same universe.

If this theory is true that means any Pixar movie after 2013 may also fit into the timeline, however there have been no good updated versions, therefore this timeline only includes movies that were made by Pixar between the years 2007 and 2013.

Please note that this timeline is not written in the order the movies were released but rather the order of which the events happened.

[BRAVE]

Brave is the first movie in this theory.

Brave happens somewhere between the 14th and 15th century.

Merida discovers the will of the wisps (magic). This magic has the ability to turn humans into animals and make inanimate objects act human. This magic was utilized by a witch who who mysteriously vanishes through doors.

This magic would go on to create superheroes. I bet you can already guess which movie comes next.

[THE INCREDIBLES]

The family of superheroes is the next movie.

Incredibles is set between the 1950s and 1960s.

Superheroes maintained order in the world. But Buddy, a wannabe superhero, created two things for the demise of superpowered humans: self serving A.I. bots like the "Omnidroid," and the high tech Zero Point Energy (electromagnetic energy that exists in a vacuum). This is the pivotal moment where we see machines eradicating their only threat−supers.

Eventually, toys start to absorb and draw their powers from Zero Point Energy, unseen energy that travels in wavelengths.

[TOY STORY]

The first Toy Story is set in 1997-1998.

The first signs of life from toys are now present due to Syndrome's technological prowess. Toys come up with a code of rules and learn that human love is another energy source, upon which they thrive.

These toys discover what happens to toys that are isolated from humans.

[TOY STORY 2]

The second movie takes place pretty much directly after with the year being 1999.

The toys discover that it is dangerous for them to be isolated from humans. We start to see inanimate objects question their purpose in life. For example, Jesse resents her owner, Emily, for abandoning her.

Resentment towards humans was not only carried by inanimate objects but by animals as well.

[FINDING NEMO]

Finding Nemo is set in 2003.

In the ocean we find that fish are incredibly advanced (they have schools, a network and freeway system). We discover that humans are polluting the earth and experimenting on them. Dory was one of the animals that was experimented on, which is why she is forgetful. There are signs of resentment growing towards humans for polluting the environment, stealing fish and caging them.

Animals begin to be more curious and carry more humanistic characteristics.

[RATATOUILLE]

This movie takes place in 2007.

In Ratatouille, Remy discovers his love for cooking and displays human characteristics. Some of them are: walking on his hind paws, cleaning his hands, reading, and cooking. This is the first time we see personal interaction between human and animal, but it is for the purpose of controlling humans. Remy controls Linguini because Linguini does not know how to do anything. We see that Remy's rat clan does not approve of the humans and feels both fear and hate towards them.