Nickelodeon Theories Part Two

[OVERVIEW]

More Nick theories, but this time only over Spongebob Squarepants.

I was sent these by AerialSwitchblade btw.

[7 DEADLY SINS]

Although the actor who plays the title character has said this isn't true, many fans believe that each character is meant to represent one of the 7 deadly sins. The 7 deadly sins are 7 basic human vices that, when taken in excess, can be percieved as evil, and potentially injure or kill the person indulging in said vices, or anyone around him/her.

Lust is the obsession with personal gratification and/or pleasure. This does not have to be sexual, but it usually is. Many point to Pearl, Mr. Krabs' daughter. Pearl in nearly every episode we see her in is completely boy crazy. This however can also be Spongebob. Spongebob loves everyone and loves to make himself happy all the time. However representatives of Nick have said Spongebob would never represent a sin because he is meant to stand for optimism and positivity (which is the complete opposite of a sin).

Wrath is the the uncontrolled hatred for someone or something. This is of course Squidward as he absolutely hates Spongebob and pretty much everyone else.

Greed is the tendency to want more than you need. Usually, greedy people seek to add to their collection, through any way possible, and with no regard to others. It doesn't matter if others need the money, power, etc. to survive; If the greedy person sees it, he/she will do anything to acquire it. This is of course Mr. Krabs. We all know how greedy he is.

Sloth is being extremely lazy. They feel that everything should be done for them, and will refuse to do anything for themselves. Such people would usually not get a job, even if they need to; sleep for most of the day, and then lounge around for the rest of it; etc. They have no desire to do anything that would require any ammount of effort or work, and would usually pass off those responsibilities to other people. And while you might think this to be Patrick, you would be right and also wrong because another character also portrays this, and that's Gary the Snail.

Envy is having an unusual interest in another's abilities, personality, luck, etc., and an unusually strong jealousy towards said person, because of those traits. This causes the envious person to copy the object of their envy, and/or trying everything they can to acquire what the object of their envy has. This is of course Plankton. Plankton is envious of Mr. Krabs' success and will do anything to get the secret formula.

Gluttony is similar to greed in a way, it is the consumption of something to excess. Instead of merely acquiring the object, it is absorbed and depleted, usually until there is nothing left. Usually used in reference to the consumption of food. This is definitely Patrick as well as Mrs. Puff.

And last but not least, pride. Pride is the the overexaggerating of one's abilities or accomplishments. Prideful people usually inflate their own worth far over what it should be, and in the process, overinflate their egos, as well. This is Sandy. Sandy is deeply proud of her home country, her athletic abilities, and her career as a scientist and will sometimes inflate some of these to make herself feel better. This could also technically go for Squidward as he does over exaggerate his talents and stuff.

[NUCLEAR TESTING]

Spongebob takes place in the fictional under water world of Bikini Bottom which is located underneath the real life island of Island Atoll. Back in 1946, Bikini Atoll was used by the United States as a site for nuclear testing. Numerous bombs were set off there over the years; a particularly notable one called "Baker" was detonated 27 meters underwater. This theory states that Spongebob and friends are actually results of these tests.

[THE DRUG THEORY]

There is a theory that states each character represents a drug. This became popular after a parody came out called Spongebob HempPants.

Spongebob has a very wild imagination, he can go from extreme happiness to complete despair and fear, he is also usually very happy. These are all effects that shrooms can have on a person.

Mr. Krabs is very irritable and paranoid. He become angry if anything happens to his money and in some episodes are extremely paranoid that Plankton is going to steal his formula. Irritability and paranoia are side effects of cocaine.

Squidward will lie to get something that benefits him, he will be deceptive to get what he wants, performs bad at work and avoids eye contact. This is something that people on Heroin will do.

Patrick is usually laid-back, relaxed, and has a relatively positive outlook on life. He also eats a lot. So he represents marijuana.

[THOUGHTS]

So what do you guys think of these?