OJ Simpson Case (Part Two)

Wow, it's been a while. I updated part one in March and here it is June. I've been having a lot of problems. I had the outline done but my notebook disappeared. I redid the outline on my phone, then the note disappeared as well. Then I gave up because I was beyond pissed and didn't wanna do it a third time. I finally figured it was time to redo it so here I am.

If you need a recap and don't want to go back to the first chapter, here is the breakdown.

[BREAKDOWN OF PART ONE]

Nicole and OJ met. They married. They separated. Nicole went home one day. A friend named Ron stopped by to give Nicole her moms glasses that she left at a restaurant. Nicole and Ron were brutally murdered. OJs DNA was found. The matching bloody glove was found at his home as well as a sock drenched in Nicole's blood. Even Kris Jenner (who was best friends with Nicole) said that Nicole feared for her life when it came to OJ and told Kris she felt OJ would one day kill her and get away with it.

That's the basic run down. I would suggest re reading the chapter if you might have forgotten a few things because there is a lot more information. Let's continue.

[9-1-1 CALLS]

Nicole made several 911 calls before her death. Police responded to at least 9 of them. OJ always seemed to be screaming, harassing and even threatening her.

With many of the recordings the yelling isn't totally audible, but you can definitely tell OJ is angry and you can hear Nicole telling him plenty of times to get out.

One incident seemed to be really bad as on January 1, 1989 the police were called. When they got there they saw a half naked Nicole, covered in bruises. She told them that OJ tried to kill her.

[POSSIBLE WITNESS]

There was one possible witness. Her name was Jill Shively. She said she saw OJ leaving Nicole's home. She felt his behavior was erratic and strange and as he sped off she wrote down his license plate. After turning it into the police it turned out she was only a few digits off of his actual plate. They said she might have gotten a few wrong due to it being dark and the fact he sped off.

[TRIAL]

The trial started January 25 of 1995. The trial ended October 3 of 1995. That's a pretty long time and in that time many things were uncovered.

It seemed like a pretty open and shit case. OJs blood was found at the scene of the crime. OJ had motive. Witnesses said his behavior was odd. OJ lived only about 6 minutes away from Nicole, giving him plenty of time to do it and return home to go to his flight. But thanks to Johnnie Cochran and Robert Kardashian, OJs lawyers, it wasn't as open and shut as it seemed.

Before we get into what hurt the case note that the jury was made up of 8 African Americans, 1 Hispanic, 1 Caucasian and 2 people of mixed race.

Okay so the first thing that hurt the case was the Rodney King case. I won't go into super detail about this right now cause I plan on talking about it in a different chapter. But basically Rodney was a black man who was brutally beaten by a group of white cops to the point he died. There is video of these cops viciously beating this man to death and yet the cops were acquitted. Johnnie and Robert used this to their advantage. When OJ went back to California he was immediately handcuffed by police, as if they already made up their minds.