Reasons why people have killed

[OVERVIEW]

Most killers have reasons at to why they kill. Whether their motive is money, love, lust, or fame almost all killers kill for their own reason. Some killers have killed because there were bored and some have even weirder reasons that don't make sense to a lot of people. That's what we are going to look at today.

"Abnormal" reasons people have killed.

[MONDAYS]

Brenda Lee Spencer was 16 in 1979. She lived in San Diego, California and her house was across the street from Grover Cleveland Elementary School.

Brenda's home life was very unstable. Her parents were divorced, she lived with her father. They lived in poverty. They slept on a single mattress in the living room and her father was an alcoholic.

For Christmas of 1978 she wanted a radio. Instead her father gave her a Ruger 10/22 semi-automatic .22 caliber rifle with a telescopic sight and 500 rounds of ammunition. When asked about why she thought he gave her that she replied "I felt like he wanted me to kill myself."

On the morning of Monday, January 29, 1979 she watched as kids at the elementary school gathered outside. That was when she grabbed the gun her father gave her and opened fire on little children.

She killed 2 adults, the principal Burton Wragg and a custodian Mike Suchar who were trying to get all the kids to safety.

She injured 9 others, 8 children and 1 police officer, but all of them lived.

She barricaded herself inside her home and was on the phone with a journalist. When the journalist asked why she did it she replied with,

"I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day."

Spencer was charges as an adult and pleaded guilty to two counts of murder and assault with a deadly weapon.

On April 4, 1980 she was sentenced for 25 years to life. In 1993 she could have hearings to see if she was suitable for parole. She has tried four times for parole but has been turned down each time.

[THE MATRIX DEFENSE]

The Matrix is a well known movie. The Mateix, for those who don't know, is basically saying that reality is a computer generation, that nothing in the world around us is actually real.

Many have used this movie as a defense. They believe we apart of the Matrix rather than in the real world.

Tonda Lynn Ansley of Hamilton, Ohio, was found not guilty by reason of insanity using this defense after shooting her landlady in the head in July 2002.

Vadim Mieseges of San Francisco offered a "Matrix" explanation to police after chopping up his landlady, and was declared mentally incompetent to stand trial.

Joshua Cooke's lawyers were going to attempt this defense in 2003 in his trial for the murder of his adoptive parents, before he pleaded guilty.

The case of Lee Malvo also included references to The Matrix, mentioned in the writings taken from his jail cell; he reportedly shouted "Free yourself from the Matrix" from his cell after his arrest, and told FBI agents to watch the film if they wanted to understand him.

[PHOTOBOMBING]

Annie Hung Pham, also known as Kim Pham, was born in Vietnam in 1990 but she later moved to California.

In 2014 Kim was beaten to death outside a nightclub for unintentionally photobombing two girls photos.

A confrontation happened because the two girls were so angry that Kim photobombed them and witnesses say Kim took the first swing. From there Zavala and Brito beat her so senselessly while many people stood by watching or recording it with their phones.