Amityville House

[OVERVIEW]

The Amityville House is probably the most known case of the couple. It's certainly the most popular. Out of all their cases this is the one that has the most books, movies and tv shows about it.

The house, which is located at 112 Ocean Avenue in Long Island, New York, has been dubbed "America's most haunted house." So why is that?

[LUTZ FAMILY]

If you have watched the movies, this name may sound familiar to you. That's because George and Kathy Lutz were the real life couple from the movies. Only the movies seemed to have exaggerated their experience.

George and Kathy were newlyweds when they bought the home. It seemed everything was perfect for the family. So when they left just a month after arriving it shocked people.

When asked about it George claimed it was haunted. This caught the attention of everyone. Local journalists came to the family for interviews. Only George and Kathy would do interviews, not the kids. Even then, however, George was the one who did the talking.

George claimed there was a strong force within the house that made them feel unsafe.

Rumors had circulated that they said they saw human figures, flying objects, their couches moving, etc, however George said none of that happened.

Kathy claimed that George would wake up every morning at 3:15 am. And I'll get to why this time is so important in a bit.

They claimed to have smelt strange odors coming from the second floor of the house. They claimed to see green slime coming out of the walls and keyholes of the house.

They had a catholic priest come into the home to bless the house. As he was doing to walk though he claimed her heard a voice screaming at him to "get out." He warned the family to never sleep in a certain room on the second floor of the house.

George also claimed he woke up to see not only his wife Kathy, but also their sons Daniel and Christopher, levitating off of their beds.

After they claimed all this they were forced to take a lie detector test to see if they were telling the truth about all this. They both passed.

Ed and Lorraine were eventually called in. They invited journalist to go into the house with them, when one of them caught this photo,

 They invited journalist to go into the house with them, when one of them caught this photo,

This was taken by photographer Gene Campbell. It was on the second story of the house. Many people believe this to be the ghost of a boy named John Matthew DeFoe. Don't worry, I'll explain who this is momentarily.

Lorraine determines that the land itself has curses on it, although they couldn't say by who.

During a press conference for the Conjuring film, Lorraine was asked about the home. She said it's the one case that still haunted her. She said she would never return to that house.